Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone. Been eyeing this game. Many, many good reviews!

How does the expansion help the game? Been trying to find if it is necessary to buy it. Like the idea of the BB and Armored frigate! cool

Other than the extra ships, does the expansion make it better?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the expansion is a must have if that's what you're asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks. Not exactly. What changes does it bring to the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game. The expansion adds a few more adventures and a few alternate endings to the game. It is not essential and you should get quite a few plays out of the base game without needing the expansion.

There are no changes to the mechanics if that is what you were looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. Probably will get both for completeness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion came later to help ramp up the difficulty for experienced players.

When we do the gold banner edition, all the expansion material will get put into the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Tucker
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the gold banner due? The VPG web mentions nothing about development , play testing , etc. . Is it still being "discussed" from time to time or is it a definite ? Very excited and a little impatient...keep up the good work !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Norse
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Not sure where to put this question, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

When paying a salvage point for an adventure peek, do you have to roll the die for a delay as with the other salvage costs? Can it be done more than once a turn?

Also with the Historical & Alterantive endings in the Expansion Kit (14.2), I don't see how you can lose with cautious play since you have endless time to rest and repair and ultimately there'll be no more ships to place. So you after having made all the salvage upgrades, you can ust sit out the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Roedel
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Alan about a gold banner release when I had him on the phone last week, and he said it's definitely on their radar but would be at least a year out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
" When is the gold banner due? The VPG web mentions nothing about development , play testing , etc. . Is it still being "discussed" from time to time or is it a definite ? Very excited and a little impatient...keep up the good work !"

Things are finally heating up on second edition NEMO'S WAR. There's still no release date (later this year?), but I've been hard at work redeveloping the new edition under the eye of designer Chris Taylor.

So, keep a weather eye out for updates. Things are starting to really get going on this project now.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.