tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the official 2-player variant any good, though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarkboy wrote:
Is the official 2-player variant any good, though?

Any opinion?

I've never played this game but I like it. If it's playable with 2 players, I'd go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also eager to hear some user feedback regarding this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:

Well I'm certainly grateful that he did. This is the first posting of it here in the variants forum, and would not have known about it otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
I only recently purchased this game when I happened to find it on sale and so far I'm really enjoying it. I've played the 2 player variant a few times now and it's an incredibly solid 2 player game. Using a 3rd neutral colour for placing workers to use during the movement phase works really well and does not seem to increase any fiddliness. As the game progresses and players get more tribe markers, using them to move the neutral workers becomes one of the more competitive aspects.

Overall a surprisingly well developed 2 player variant, given that this was designed after the game was released. If it was ever reprinted I think it would be completely legitimate to include the 2 player rules and label the player count as 2-5 rather than 3-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.