Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to make sure I understand the rules on when the player deck runs dry. Is the player just out of cards he can pull from and is left with what's in the hand/in the play area?

I'm very new to this kind of thing, and I am thinking about how to deckbuild, and I am curious about needing certain cards to show up in the deck and being able to get to them and how that is affected by the player deck's size/what to do when it runs out of cards.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Once you draw through, you are done drawing and have to try to win with your hand and play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but you can use Will of the West to shuffle your discards back in your deck. Then use Dwarven Tomb to get Will back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:
Yes, but you can use Will of the West to shuffle your discards back in your deck. Then use Dwarven Tomb to get Will back.
|With two or three copies of WotW, you can just keep them (and a few other cards) cycling around. FFG should probably issue an FAQ entry on that to ban it, perhaps saying you should discard a played WotW from the game, not just put it in the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
Throxx wrote:
|With two or three copies of WotW, you can just keep them (and a few other cards) cycling around. FFG should probably issue an FAQ entry on that to ban it, perhaps saying you should discard a played WotW from the game, not just put it in the discard pile.

You only need 1 copy of Will of the West and 1 copy of Dwarven Tomb to make this combo work indefinitely.

With both in hand play Will of the West.
Play Dwarven Tomb to pick up Will of the West.
Repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:

I really don't think WotW is a broken card that needs an errata. There are several treacheries (and Shadow effects I think) that eliminate event cards or spirit cards from the hand (not to mention random discards, etc.). It's a good card, but not so good that it or Dwarven Tomb need an errata (especially if one isn't using proxies or multiple core sets).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Throxx wrote:

I really don't think WotW is a broken card that needs an errata. There are several treacheries (and Shadow effects I think) that eliminate event cards or spirit cards from the hand (not to mention random discards, etc.). It's a good card, but not so good that it or Dwarven Tomb need an errata (especially if one isn't using proxies or multiple core sets).
The problem is that you can easily set up an infinite loop using WoW. With, in particular, threat reduction cards included in that loop, you can set yourself up such that everything is very easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:
Throxx wrote:

The problem is that you can easily set up an infinite loop using WoW. With, in particular, threat reduction cards included in that loop, you can set yourself up such that everything is very easy.

as long as it legal move, who cares? i mean zigil miner also Overpowered before errata but that dont stop ppl making zigil engine deck..

unless you implement a house rule to forbid those highly overpowered card combo..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

And if you don't like it, don't use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:

I do like it, and I have used it. I am just expecting FFG to ultimately ban it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John85 wrote:

I do like it, and I have used it. I am just expecting FFG to ultimately ban it.

I really think after 4 FAQ updates, it would have happened already if it were going to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
John85 wrote:

I really think after 4 FAQ updates, it would have happened already if it were going to.

You never know.

They promoted Zigil Miner since it's release,
produced Stargazer and specifically said in an article it goes really well with Zigil Miner,

then few weeks later Zigil Miner is nerfed.

They clearly knew how powerful Zigil Miner would be since that is all they talked about in 2~3 articles, yet there was no method to this madness, only nerf.

Stand and Fight ruling was ridiculous, but Zigil Miner Errata was bad play testing at its finest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.