Mark Lochner
United States
Monroe
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'll try and keep this short. My partner and I are creating a kickstarter project called Kings & Gods which takes in a high fantasy world- with Kings, Dragons, Druids, Gods and their champions. It will be a non collectible card game coming with 4 decks of 62 cards each with expansions to follow if we are successful. We are asking for art for K&G and we'll need a lot of it- around 100 illustrations for all the cards. We are looking to Kickstart by June of next year, which means have all the art in place, game playtested, and kinks resolved before we even put the game onto KS. This gives us a few months while we are making cards to get the art rolling so we can have it all come together by June. You will be paid once the kickstarter gets funded for your work as we have set aside around $3,000 of our budget aside for the art portion. The cards will proudly display the artist's work and you will retain all rights to your work, all we ask for the license to use it on our cards. Also any artists we use will get priority to provide art for our expansions as well further increasing their name awareness.

The cards, this brings me to point two. We are also looking for a graphic designer to help with the overall design and layout of the cards. We are looking for something clean and minimalist so we can proudly display the artists work. I have created some designs in photoshop but they look too minimalist with not enough flavor of the game or world we've created and need more color or character and this is where you come in. You will also be paid once the KS is funded and will come out of the art budget.

If anyone is interested please GM me or respond here- I can provide whatever information you need to make the art or graphic design happen. Let make Kings & Gods a reality!

EDIT: I have had many great responses, keep them coming and this should provide some clarification. We are hoping to have art in place prior to funding but I can understand that not everyone will potentially not want to make anything off their work. If that's the case we would at least like artists on board who can generate quality art in a timely manner. We are looking at- once the project funds- having the art in within 2 months from either one artist or a team of artists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.