Luigi Pasato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1B is in I7
4B is in J8
5B is in J5
4R is in K8

4R shoots and missed. 4B had tried to block (so cannot fight for rebound).

Rebound:

Can 5B moves to J7? (so that 4R has no way to get the rebound, that is 0/0 chance)

Or 5B have to move in H6? (but so 4R can move to I8: 1/6 chance to get the rebound in H8)

The rules says:

"[...] the centers can move towards the 5 circles surrounding the basket [...]" (my emphasis).

I feel like I have some problem with the english word towards...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
Try my latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
Luigi wrote:
Can 5B moves to J7? (so that 4R has no way to get the rebound, that is 0/0 chance)
YES!

It is written that "the centers can move towards the 5 circles surrounding the basket" because it is there that the ball will fall. But this is a fight among the centers to get the ball, so if the defenders can block the access to the attackers and be the ones closer to the basket it's fine, it is in the spirit of the game and the sport.

However, in your example you don't say where 5R is because, if he is on the left side of the basket, by staying away to block 4R Blue may leave the rebound very probably for him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Pasato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
YES!

It is written that "the centers can move towards the 5 circles surrounding the basket" because it is there that the ball will fall. But this is a fight among the centers to get the ball, so if the defenders can block the access to the attackers and be the ones closer to the basket it's fine, it is in the spirit of the game and the sport.

And this was what I thought! cool

franchi wrote:
However, in your example you don't say where 5R is because, if he is on the left side of the basket, by staying away to block 4R Blue may leave the rebound very probably for him...

Obviously 5R is in... B1!!

Thank you Miguel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.