South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Lost in Cardboard
badge
Original Duckface
mbmbmbmbmb
This hasn't come up in one of our games as yet, but could Felix Gaeta generate a roll AFTER Kat has used her hotshot ability on the FTL location?

As the text on the character cards is written, Gaeta gets to 'reroll' the die from FTL activation, but Kat's hotshot ability is not considered a die roll, as far as I'm aware. Her character card is unclear if only the result or the actual roll itself is replaced by her discard.

So the question is : can Gaeta re-roll a Hotshot FTL activation? Or not? I'm leaning to 'not', based on the text as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say definitely not. Hotshot isn't a roll, and therefore cannot be re-rolled. This hasn't been definitively answered about Gaeta's ability, but it has been for the Calculations card, and I'd say the answer generalizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
Hotshot replaces the die roll. Gaeta cannot reroll something that never happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hertzog van Heerden
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
Lost in Cardboard
badge
Original Duckface
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback, guys - that's what I thought. Good to hear other interpretations as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hertzog wrote:
This hasn't come up in one of our games as yet, but could Felix Gaeta generate a roll AFTER Kat has used her hotshot ability on the FTL location?

As the text on the character cards is written, Gaeta gets to 'reroll' the die from FTL activation, but Kat's hotshot ability is not considered a die roll, as far as I'm aware. Her character card is unclear if only the result or the actual roll itself is replaced by her discard.

So the question is : can Gaeta re-roll a Hotshot FTL activation? Or not? I'm leaning to 'not', based on the text as written.

You can sorta infer from Anders' OPG that any "choose your result" effect for die rolls can't be rerolled
Quote:
Longshot: Once per game, you may choose the result of a die roll on your turn instead of rolling it. This result cannot be modified or rerolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.