Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Ouellette
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks, last night we played Stone Age with Expansion and truly enjoyed it but ran into a situation where we could not find a rule to solve the problem we had, so here it is maybe one of you can help us:

On the last turn we were playing, we were running out of Civ Cards, one of the last card purchased was one where if you roll the 6 pips you get a meeple, and the 4 gets you a unrevealed Civ Card. The roll came out as 6, 4, 4, 2, 1.

First choice of player took a Civ card, second player took a meeple, dilema came for the third player he wanted the Civ Card but none were left so what is the ruling when this happens?

Thanks for the responses, looking forward to this :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say they're out of luck, and the game ends at the end of the round.

There's a reason we call this the "lottery" card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Ouellette
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so
darn eh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Maltezos
Greece
athens-Hlioupoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i may be missing something here,

just to be clear, i thought when you resolve a civ card with dice,you roll a number of dice equal to the number of players,then remove dice if they have multiple same numbers ex. 5 player game and the roll is 6,6,5,3,2

the second ''six'' is not considered,and only 4 players may choose something from the card

I dont know if i am right,am i ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ZaRaLee wrote:

just to be clear, i thought when you resolve a civ card with dice,you roll a number of dice equal to the number of players,then remove dice if they have multiple same numbers ex. 5 player game and the roll is 6,6,5,3,2

the second ''six'' is not considered,and only 4 players may choose something from the card

You are wrong. If you have 2 identical numbers then 2 players can choose the same item.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
ZaRaLee wrote:

You are wrong. If you have 2 identical numbers then 2 players can choose the same item.

correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls