Popular Tags: [View All]
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/19425

Come on, look at this. It's a co-op game where you play as Dwarfs (DWARFS!). And what do you do? You fight vampires, werewolfs, and ghouls in a cemetary, or course. Why are dwarfs fighting these monsters? I have no idea but a cemetary would seem like the place to do it.

But get this, lose against one of these monsters and you turn into one! The only way to regain your dwarfness is by attack the other players. That's awesome! Why? Because it mixes the co-op play with good reasons for PvP combat.

Well, it's not really co-op. More like co-op in the sense that you're fighting the board more than the other players. Like Runebound probably. The first to defeat the boss win.

Don't know anything about the combat system yet but if it works well we might have the next hot list climber on our hands. Any way that someone could track down some English rules to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good to me - how do I get a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure I like the fact that you can attack another player to take away his followers (3 of which are necessary to attack the final boss.)

It seems like it could delay the game quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa. check out this game by the same designer, Paolo Vallerga:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/19879

Looks awesome. Or check out all of his games here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/search.php3?designerid=3718

Paolo has just become my favorite game designer of games that I have never played before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this game isn't getting any BGG love, because of an abstinence only contract?

And by the way, BGG Love? Thanks for the visual. Shudder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hetrick
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't speak Italian but the Scribabs web site isn't much use anyways. Looks like they are a graphic arts house. No links for the games as far as I can tell. The games do look pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'd never heard of it before now
2) I have an instinctive distrust of fantasy fighting games that aren't fully fledged RPGs.

Of course, I am only a small part of BGG. But that is why it isn't getting my love.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Every person who has rated the game is from Italy.

Vallerga's games were available only in Italy (and written in Italian) so no surprises here.
Recently he projected foreign editions (German, English) that should soon be available (if they aren't already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Paolo has just become my favorite game designer of games that I have never played before.

I agree with Dane - If I have to pick a designer of games I've never seen, much less played - then Paolo's just got to be my man.

This also makes him my numero uno for games I never will play, because I'm just not into fantasy games. Although admittedly, if I were, and I wanted to play a fantasy game I've never seen, by a designer I've never heard of before now, I'd definitely have to rank him right up there, at the top of the list.

As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I can come up with a more glowing endorsement for something done I've never seen, by someone I've never heard of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very interesting and if the Games of this designer will be available in german or english I will give them a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to love something you can't get your hands on
But this one and Tempus Draconis ARE on my want list
Now if they were ever made easily available here in the U.S.
well then...

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw both of these games at Essen (Daemonibus and Tempus Draconis) and both had very nice productions and I think English rules were provided. Tempus had more of a Dungeonquest feel to it with a timing mechanism to avoid the neverending game problem suffer by a lot of dungeon crawls. Unfortunately, my suitcase was already overflowing with games I was bringing back so I held off (of course now regretting it). If anyone knows how to get a copy in the US please share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
sloan66 wrote:
Maybe this game isn't getting any BGG love, because of an abstinence only contract?

And by the way, BGG Love? Thanks for the visual. Shudder.

If you want another visual of BGG love then just look at what those Derk and Aldie pawns are doing to that Geek Speak microphone on the front page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is an english version of the publisher's site with a little information on the games and a lot of background. looks like some english versions are on thier way.

http://www.tempusdraconis.it/uk/default.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Have faith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Average Rating: 7.71

Seems fairly loved so far.

Albeit unknown
--until now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
BlueJackal wrote:
Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure I like the fact that you can attack another player to take away his followers (3 of which are necessary to attack the final boss.)

It seems like it could delay the game quite a bit.

I don't think that'll be too much of a problem. Since it's a race game you'd want to adventure away from the other players so that they don't get in the way of your monster killing. Pure speculation, of course, since I haven't played.

I noticed from the website that the game contains three curse tokens. One for each of the monster types. I guess this mean that only one character can be a vampire at a time, and the same goes Werewolf and Ghoul.

So here's what I'm wondering, what happens when you're playing with less than 4 and everyone turns into a monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Maybe I can 'lend a hand' in this controversy! blush
''they CALL 'Me' Doctor LOVE!...''
kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Schenectady
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelo Porazzi(warangelo here on BGG) designer of Tatata! and Peace Bowl is friends with the designer and helped play test this game. He says it's very good and that while it may not be available here now, he(Paolo) is looking for US distributors. But, Angelo said you can contact Paolo directly for a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
You can contact the author here (he's on BGG, of course):
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Biggossa

By the way, there is a link from the BGG user to his games, but not from a game to the BGG user who designed it, perhaps it can be a useful improvement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Maybe I can 'lend a hand' in this controversy! blush
''they CALL 'Me' Doctor LOVE!...''
kiss

Do you have the cure I'm thinking of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.