Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BANG! Dodge City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Canteen and last life? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a canteen in front of me, and I lose my last life, can I use it to regain a life?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marián Matušák
Slovakia
Namestovo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No! You can only use Beer (card named Beer) to save your last life.

You can not use cards with beer effect (Whisky, Canteen, Saloon etc.) to save your last life.

And of course, Beer has no effect if only two players remain in game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, can I use Whisky when there are just two people left?

Gimli_sk wrote:
No! You can only use Beer (card named Beer) to save your last life.

You can not use cards with beer effect (Whisky, Canteen, Saloon etc.) to save your last life.

And of course, Beer has no effect if only two players remain in game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marián Matušák
Slovakia
Namestovo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:
So, can I use Whisky when there are just two people left?




Yes, you can. But only in YOUR turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M
msg tools
What if it is your turn and the dynamite explodes? Can you then use Whisky or Tequila or Saloon - since they are not being played out of order?

rules: when you are losing your last life point, you can only use a Beer to avoid being eliminated from the game. You cannot use other cards with
similar effects such as Saloon, Canteen, Tequila, or Whisky out of turn

The first sentence seems clear enough, but the second sentence adds ambiguity - after all, its your turn when the dynamite goes off, so you're not playing out of turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davebo wrote:
If I have a canteen in front of me, and I lose my last life, can I use it to regain a life?

davebo wrote:
So, can I use Whisky when there are just two people left?


Gimli_sk is correct.

Please refer to the Offical FAQ
http://www.dvgiochi.net/bang/bang_faq_eng.pdf
Specifically questions 9, 10, 16, 25 and 26

Beer is the ONLY life gain card that can be played "instantly". Sid Ketchum's "beer ability" can also be played "instantly".

Beer does nothing if there are only 2 players left, but can still be played. You can also play Beer if you are at full life, and it will also do nothing (Suzy Lafayette being the most likely user of this).
Whether or not the Beer has an effect, it still counts as playing a Beer card (later expansions have a character or two that get to do something when a Beer is played).

All other life gain cards can only be played during your turn, and DO still work if there are only 2 players left.

Freecain wrote:
What if it is your turn and the dynamite explodes? Can you then use Whisky or Tequila or Saloon - since they are not being played out of order?


Question asked in other thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1401355/whisky-after-dyn...
Same basic answer as above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.