Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wong
Singapore
Singapore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about real strategy but we do it to get an even distribution so it makes it harder for a player to get lucky with the initial draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cnd_77 wrote:
Incidentally, the rules for this game are poorly organized. They begin with describing the figures, then state that the figures are placed on teh board, then immediately go on to describe what all the tokens do, THEN go back and describe how to set up the game (on page 3 of the English rules). Sort of an odd way to organize them and it makes it harder than it should be.

I agree with this. By way of contrast, the PC version of Samurai by Klear Games does a fantastic job of explaining the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny... Knizia rules are a real mixed bag. The manuals for Blue Moon and LOTR: Confrontation are absolutely fantastic, while Samurai is a little disorganized and the rules for Battle Line do a really poor job (in my opinion) of describing how you go about proving you've won a flag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.