Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Blackham
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe i just havnt been downtown in a while but i was downtown the other day and saw we now have a Go Game Store. I checked it out. pretty crappy selection(by most BGG'ers standards at least) but they did have Railroad Tycoon for $54.99. thats cheaper than the prices i've seen online for it so far. i'd pick it up if i wasn't afraid of the poor quality components i've read about. anyone know how long the stores been there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is it, exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Reynolds
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the Gov't side of the Bay Centre. Where British Importers used to be.

My wife went, and said that it really wasn't anything special. Mainly lots of party games, monopoly variants as well as Carc and SOC. But Railroad Tycoon for that price sure sounds good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Taylor
Canada
Victoria
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be the "Calendar Store",it pop's up every Christmas and is gone by the end of January. Wait till after Christmas and they discount most of the stock before they close down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I was in there last week and I didn't see anything remarkable. I commented to my wife how it was funny how my collection and their stock don't seem to intersect at all (which isn't strictly true via games like Monopoly).

I didn't see Railroad Tycoon. I know we get this store in our local mall later in the season: I'll be on the watch for it.

($40 CDN? Where!?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Railroad Tycoon for $41.25 at a location of this store in Vancouver (Metrotown). That price was after a 25% discount off of $54.99! Yeeee ha!!!!! I had spotted this store before Christmas, and then I saw someone above posting that they discounted their stock before closing out. And well....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Del Turner
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Doctor K wrote:
That would be the "Calendar Store",it pop's up every Christmas and is gone by the end of January. Wait till after Christmas and they discount most of the stock before they close down.

Some Calendar Clubs de-ephasize the calendars and switch to Go! outside of the Christmas season. At least the one in Kamloops did. Then when the time for date-keeping starts again, they switch back to Calendar Club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.