Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, I was about to post this question, and found a post with a similar concern, but it was regarding new game submissions. I guess the same applies to files submitted. How long's the wait for them to get approved?

I'm sure everything is backlogged due to BGG.CON, so no hurry. I was just exited to submit my first player's aid, and wanted to see what people thought about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
It depends on the schedule of the admins that handle those submissions. Currently the files appear to be the most backlogged, with around 300 waiting for approval, with the earliest submission dating back to 10-30-05. As one of the admins that tackles the files I can tell you that reallife concerns have been taking precedence (I've been putting the finishing touches on getting a research project up and running) but you'll start seeing files showing up in the Recent Additions list sooner than later.

As always, we appreciate the community's patience in this matter. And please don't let the (at times lengthy) approval process discourage you from future submissions.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
No problem. I understand. As much as I would like for my hobby to be no.1 over my job, it's just not realistic. (sigh)... the real world.

Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
As always, we appreciate the community's patience in this matter. And please don't let the (at times lengthy) approval process discourage you from future submissions.

You know, that's a nice thought, but as a practical matter it does, at least for me. Oh, it doesn't _stop_ future submissions by any stretch - but the fact that it took well over a month for Bist Du sicher? or Strudel to be added definitely makes it less likely that I'll get to submitting translations for them.

Now, as a pratical matter this doesn't matter - I doubt there's anyone who's desperate for an English translation of these games - but it is discouraging submissions.

I _really_ wish it were possible to know if an English translation of Spelunke, for example, is forthcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
huber wrote:

I _really_ wish it were possible to know if an English translation of Spelunke, for example, is forthcoming.

I can tell you that there aren't any currently in the queue. I'll talk to Aldie about making the yet-to-be-approved files visible (with inactive links) in each game's file's section.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Interesting idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you could even let people donate geek gold to bump the file submission(s) of their choice to the front of the approval queue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well there is no reward in them (the admins) getting geek gold...so how about money.... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
The file submissions is my fault. I had them completely up to date just before the BGG.CON. Then I got really tied up after the convention and did not look at them for a week.

As Matthew said, they are starting to move. I think he did some, and I approved a bunch yesterday. I should be able to get back to more of them on Tuesday evening.

Sterling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
r3gamer wrote:
Well there is no reward in them (the admins) getting geek gold...so how about money.... laugh

I think the suggestion was spending gg to physically bump the submission to the top of the queue. I don't see that happening, though.

But as a point of clarification, we admins need to earn our geekgold just like everybody else. Otherwise I wouldn't feel right participating in gg auctions

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we do not get geekgold. All we get is satisfaction???? Hmmmm. Why was it we do it? Remind me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.