Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read some where the Card Gene lets you pick a Card from the Event Deck, and you begin with 4 cards (discarding 1), at the beginning of the game.

Also, the official n-1 genes for auction variant also seems like a good idea.

Any other variants or suggestions out there so that I can purchase this game with peace of mind? (I'm purchasing via Thoughthammer, since I was going to purchase Ra, and at $20.00, EVO is pretty tempting...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, dont do it. I was so exicted when i read a review that I bought the game. Played it once and didnt play it again for about 6 months. Played it again, and now I'm ready to sell it to anyone Some good concepts but boring gameplay. I hope some of the same concepts will be imrpoved and perfected in Tempus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a neat game, I think, only 2 plays through (one with n-1, one without).

In the n-1 game I played with an unofficial variant, because I got the rules wrong. We played that if all your dinos were killed you were eliminated. This was quite important, because my strategy (as it emerged during the play) was not to bid for any genes. I was healthily ahead in points as the meteor approached, but it didn't until the last possible moment, by which point all my dinos had died to their more mobile and hornier rivals. My score would have placed me third, but because of my rules mistake I was judged eliminated and so last.

I think the official rule is that you come back anywhere on the island if wiped out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.