Stone Age: The Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: New die table card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I think I have all my trade questions answered from other posts, but couldn't find this non-trade question...

With the new die style cards (where you roll 1 die per person when get the card) the 4 option is to take 1 face down card. My question is, do you reveal it and get the top part immediately? Or is it kept secret and you only get the bottom for final scoring?

Based on other parts in the rules, I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but wondering if someone knows for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

I think I have all my trade questions answered from other posts, but couldn't find this non-trade question...

With the new die style cards (where you roll 1 die per person when get the card) the 4 option is to take 1 face down card. My question is, do you reveal it and get the top part immediately? Or is it kept secret and you only get the bottom for final scoring?

Based on other parts in the rules, I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but wondering if someone knows for sure.
The rules describing the card at the back are clear that you take a face down card. Earlier in the rules is states:

"take the top-most card from the face-down civilization supply. This card counts only for the final scoring. The player does not reveal the card to the other players until the end of the game and does not take the item shown at the top of the card."

You only get the bottom for final scoring.

The original rules for stone age back this up, with the 1 card that can get you another civ card. It states:

"The player takes the top-most civilization card from the face down stack. It looks at it and places it face down with his other civilization cards. He scores this card only in the final scoring. HE does not use the upper part at all."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls