Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
http://www.orizzonteventi.org
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not talking about misplacemets (that are there but I understand the need of the board).

There are many typos here which could have been easily corrected if anyone would have cared about it.

I mean Picenza instead of Piacenza (my city).. Bolanzo instead of Bolzano, Frienze instead of Firenze ? Germany is full od italians, just let one of them see the beard next time, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
Germany is full od italians, just let one of them see the beard next time, please.

Give the subject matter, this sentence made me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ruhland
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, that is funny. But he isn't a game publisher

Its Odd not Od, and board not beard, we'll blame it on the english translation software.sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it was of and not od

I ask forgivness for my typos. You did notice them right away, didn't you ? They did make you lough a little bit didn't they ? Picenza had the same effect on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kruhland wrote:
I agree, that is funny. But he isn't a game publisher

Oh, I agree and I wasn't trying to take anything away from the point that was made. It just made me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
I ask forgivness for my typos.

Of course.

The real question though is have you played the Italian map yet and what did you think of it?

Of the two new maps, I've only played France - the key difference to the standard maps being that we drove the cost of Uranium down to 1! Having said that, the new maps don't seem to alter the base game to the same extent as, say, the additional Age of Steam maps do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cassola
Italy
Piacenza
PC
flag msg tools
Power player
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried it yet but will soon.

At a short look, it seems the italian map is a little bit tough. Low cost connections are only in the north so it would seem a prelude to a different kind of game where in the beginning everybody struggles in the north trying to go southword before the others.

As for non using a zone I guess you can't choose one of the middle zones that would cut the board in 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hunt
United States
Bellingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
I haven't tried it yet but will soon.

At a short look, it seems the italian map is a little bit tough. Low cost connections are only in the north so it would seem a prelude to a different kind of game where in the beginning everybody struggles in the north trying to go southword before the others.

As for non using a zone I guess you can't choose one of the middle zones that would cut the board in 2

We tried it over the weekend with 5 players. Yes, the north is crowded - but with very inexpensive connections people wind up hopping over each other to get to more distant locations. It looks like the biggest decision is when to jump to Phase 2 - because building is much easier than usual due to the same inexpensive connections.

And yes, you can't eliminate one of the middle sections. We played without the southernmost one (Sicily and the southernmost part of Italy).

Here's a question I have: the Dalmatian coast province (with Trieste) connects to the one with Rome in it. Are they considered adjacent, so that if someone chooses one at start, can the other be chosen?

Walter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_spy wrote:
I mean Picenza instead of Piacenza (my city).. Bolanzo instead of Bolzano, Frienze instead of Firenze ? Germany is full of italians, just let one of them see the beard next time, please.

When we noticed the Frienze typo we wondered if it wasn't a nod to Friedemann Friese, but with the others it looks like it was just poor spell-checking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't you omit one of the central regions? There's a rule (or perhaps it's just a common house rule?) that says you can connect over routes in out-of-play regions, you just can't build in the cities. That would make it quite interesting, as the cost to span the 'gap' would be high and whoever got there first would have fresh cities to harvest, I mean, connect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's clearly a house rule, because the rules expressly state that all of the selected regions need to be adjacent to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the France side Carcassonne is spelled Carcassone. I mean, come on. Every board gamer and their mom's gonna spot that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what he meant was: "Germany is full odd Italian; let them see the Beard next time".
This makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.