Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clint Pewtress
Canada
Guelph
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose of Tyrol's automatic insurrection?

Austria goes into the CM camp and Tyrol goes insurgent (or Austria goes insurgent and so does Tyrol... what corps does Tyrol get?)

I really enjoy AON... just a couple of niggly points causing some confusion.

thanks,

Clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule:
3.2 Detachable Areas
A. In the 1805 set-up, Tirol and Dalmatien are part of Austria, while Poland and Sachsen are part of Preu├čen. These four areas may be detached and turned into French dominions by the French player when he plays the Territorial Concessions card.

So these areas can be controlled by the French as dominions (advantages in cards/reinforcements), but apparently Tirol (specified!) can be converted back to the Allied side if it's motherland becomes insurgent. So Tyrol plays a role as counting/not counting as a French dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Pewtress
Canada
Guelph
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had to stare/ponder the rules some more. I came to realize that Tirol doesn't fork over corps, but it could become important for the ratio of minors/corps calculations. (I was wondering why the French player would care if it went Insurrection since it doesn't have a military, so why bother reconquering it... but it could matter very much when the reinforcement phase rolls around and you start calculating how many corps/cards you are allowed) Same for Denmark I suppose...

Looking forward to plowing into this one again!

Clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The Tirol automatic insurrection when Austria becomes a CM is really a little bit of chrome to help the game model history. Nothing much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Pewtress
Canada
Guelph
Ontario, Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just didn't see a reason why the French would care if Tyrol went insurrection (not having corps limits its value at first glance), but then I started looking at the ratio of cards/reinforcements, and could see the value in the "corp-less" minors and why you might want them safely back in the Imperial family, so-to-speak.

Clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.