Aaron Eggman
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the runner runs out of cards in his stack, can he shuffle his heap back into his stack without any card allowing him to do so? Or does he lose if all of his cards end up in the stack and he takes some kind of damage?

I searched the rules and could not find any rule stating that the runner could shuffle his heap so I guess the answer is no, but perhaps I missed the rule.

I know the corp loses if he runs out of cards in his R & D but it seems that is pretty much the same for the runner except he also would have to run out of cards in his hands.

Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He doesn't lose if he runs out of cards but cannot reshuffle the discards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eggmanaa wrote:
If the runner runs out of cards in his stack, can he shuffle his heap back into his stack without any card allowing him to do so? Or does he lose if all of his cards end up in the stack and he takes some kind of damage?

I searched the rules and could not find any rule stating that the runner could shuffle his heap so I guess the answer is no, but perhaps I missed the rule.
You did not miss a rule. If the Runner's stack runs out, the Runner can no longer draw cards. If the Runner's grip is empty and the Runner must discard a card, the Runner is flatlined. (Because the Runner is never forced to draw cards, having an empty stack is not an automatic loss, but it does mean that the Runner is on life support.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Runner could take damage, be required to discard and be unable to on turn ONE.

Once the Runner has gone through their deck, their ability to replenish their hand is curtailed, but doesn't change their lose condition (being required to discard from hand and being unable to).

The Corp being unable to draw from deck places an effective timer on the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Eggman
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think MIT West Tier will get reprinted. Should it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exceptio probat regulam
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MIT was a cool card, and definitely not overpowered (**).

IMO it would be a good card to add to A:NR, but not until there is a wider set of Accelerated Draw cards. I also think A:NR needs more "Search and Select" cards before Organ Donor or MIT.

I built and tested (against strong Corp decks) several Original NR Stacks with a lot of "Bodyweight Synthetic Blood" (5 cards for 2), MRAMs (increase hand size) and Organ Donors (discard up to 5 cards, gain 2 Bits per discard).

In principle you could cycle these decks with MITs, but in play I've never used more than one MIT per game, and usually the game was over before I played even one (not always a win for Runner - these decks are a bit slow in the beginning, but OTOH they finish strongly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.