Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in the early 80's I used to have this series of small magnetic pocket games that I think were called "Triple Flips". Each one had a colored plastic case with a lever kind of like a rolodex. You'd press a button and the thing would flip open to one of three games you selected with the lever. The boards and tiny little pawns were magnetic. The only game I remember was a hang-gliding game which I'm guessing was similar to Chutes & Ladders. Does anyone remember these or have any information on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember them, they were made by TOMY, if I remember right. I vaguely remember some game about a biplane.

EDIT: Here they are

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/11866

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow someone has added them all since I last checked. Great, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of the Milton Bradley "Flipsiders" series of games.. The game had a fold-out board and magenetic pieces, and when folded up, looked just like a cassette tape.

Random events were handled by a spring-loaded lever which caused spinners (where the "cogs" where that the cassette player would turn) to spin and display some number or symbol.

I had the "Rock Tour" one when I was growing up (which there is unfortunately not an image of here on BGG)..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Triple Flips!!! I have still have 4 or 5 of them in my collection downstairs. A few have busted open/close tabs, but the rest are in perfect condition.

Usually 1 of the games would be pretty good, and the other 2 nightmarishly oblique -- but man that brings back some memories... Time to rifle through the collection and dig those out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the green sports one and a burgundy one. Well, if you're bored upload some pics. Strangely there doesn't appear to be one bit of information about these things on the internet. They must have been added to BGG fairly recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've been in the database for at least a year. I recorded a play on the one I have last December.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/11867

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Swedlund
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added some images back in July, as well as submitting the game entry for Triple Flips 3, the pink case with an environmental theme.

I've been meaning to re-play the ones I have to submit some reviews, but I haven't gotten around to it. I recall a few of them as pretty bad solitaire games, but I need to verify a memory that at least one of them was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.