Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the calendar for january for a good time to start a game, and Jan 16 looked the best. There are three games going then, but all of them will have been going for at least a week and thus will be small by that time. So most people wont be in more than 1 of them anymore. And my game will get small before a couple other WW games begin on the 23rd, expect it to end in the middle of the week of the 23rd-27th.

So: Elysia 2!

Long ago, the magic city of Elysia was overrun by werewolves. A dark time followed, before a wizard came from afar and restored order to the city. There was a time of peace while this great wizard protected the city, but his magic could only keep him alive for so long.

Reaching his final days, the wizard summons everyone to a meeting, before he departs for the next life. He tells you that there is a spell of power, and that whoever can unravel and cast the spell, will likely gain control over the city. He leaves you his notes about the spell, they are:

This section will be revealed when the game begins

But there are some who would try to use the spell for evil, instead of for good.

Lynch Time and lynch rules

Lynch occurs at 8pm BGG time (6pm pacific, 9pm eastern, Xpm wherever). The player with the most votes is lynched. Tiebreak is longest held vote. If all players in the game vote for the lynch, and the vote is split evenly between two people, then there is no lynch (this prevents silly endgame races to be the first to vote).

Conditional Votes: ALL PLAYERS are assumed to have the conditional vote: 'If I am to be lynched, but by changing my vote to the person with the 2nd most votes, they will be lynched, then I will change my vote'. (Of course, the first person using this vote could trigger their target to use it, resulting in the first person being killed anyway).

If a player wishes to not have this conditional vote, or to change it to something else, they must post it to the thread.

Game Rules

The game contains a spell of power. A player figuring out and casting the spell of power will have a significant impact on the game, enough to swing a very close game, or allow a team to come back from a game they were losing. You may find out what the spell did when it is cast, or you might not. (The caster will definitely find out).

Unlike last game, you know the spell of power EXISTS and DOES something, so try to figure it out. However, because you know it exists, it will be significantly more difficult. However, it will not rely on knowledge given to any specific roles, so anyone will have an equal chance of casting it. The info for it will be given to you all by the great wizard at the beginning of the game, before he dies.

If you have solved the mystery of the spell of power, you will know that you have solved it.

Game End

The game ends when either all evil killers are dead, or all good roles are dead.

Death reveal

Roles are revealed on death if there is at least one Priest remaining to identify the bodies. Thats a Priest, not a High Priest.

Artifacts

Players who begin the night with one or more artifacts may pass OR use ONE artifact in total during the night. The artifacts potion of invisibility and amulet of protection are not used, they are always active.

If a player who has artifacts is lynched, the artifacts they have go to the thief (if alive) or are otherwise lost. If the player who has artifacts is killed by the warlock/wolves in the night, then the artifact is lost.

Note that now players with artifacts may pass them, even if they are not the Artifact Merchant.

Game roles

This game will be for 19 people. the first 19 to sign up are in. Others may sign up as alternates, and may be needed (this happened last time).

On night 4 (starting from 0), the evil killers will be told exactly which roles are in the game.

Evil Team: (7 people)

The following roles are in the game:

Evil Killers:
1 Warlock: The warlock is an evil killer and may PM other evil killers. If the Warlock is lynched, he chooses a player to kill, among those who voted to kill him. This kill is preventable. If the warlock is killed by other means, he does not know who to target and gets no kill.

2 Werewolf: The werewolf is an evil killer and may PM other evil killers.

Evil non-killers
1 Lich: If a player (INCLUDING the Lich) who is evil is killed during the night by the wolves (NOT lynched or killed in other ways), and the Lich is alive (or just got targetted for the kill), then the player is not killed, and is instead changed into a Wraith. Only one player may be turned into a wraith per game. If a player is a Wraith, then the following rules apply to them:

A) If they recieve the most or second most votes in a lynching, then they are exposed as a monster and removed from the game. If they had the most votes, then the village lynches the player with the second most votes as well! If all players vote for the same person and all others have 0 votes, there is no 2nd place.

B) During the night (future nights, after they become a wraith) they may sacrifice themself to kill a player of their choice. This kill is preventable. If the target dies before the wraith kill, the wraith doesnt die.

If a wraith has a potion of invisibility, and is lynched from being 1st or 2nd, they are not lynched and the potion is used. If they were 1st, it is announced that they had the potion. If they were 2nd, the potion is used but that fact is not announced.

Note that if during a night no one dies, it could mean that the wolves attacked an evil player with the Lich still alive, and that player is a wraith, or it could mean the kill was prevented by the amulet, or it might mean some other special thing. The killers will not know which has occurred.

If a Wraith dies, their role is revealed to be Wraith, not their former role.

1 Dark Elf: The dark elf is evil and has a special power, but only the dark elf knows what the special power is.

TWO of the following roles are in the game:

0-1 Imp: The Imp may, during the night, sacrifice himself to kill one player. This kill happens at the end of the night. If the player is still alive, then both the Imp and that player die, and the kill is not preventable. If the player is not alie, nothing happens and the Imp does not die. If all the Priests are dead (just people whose role is 'Priest' not ____ Priest), then the Imp becomes the Demon. The Demon is an evil killer. If the Demon is in the game, kills are not preventable by prevention effects. If the Imp becomes the Demon, then this will be announced to everyone.

0-1 Mimic: The Mimic should PM the moderator what the wish to look like if they are viewed in the night (by either side), lynched, or killed in the night. They may then change these at any time.

0-1 Doppleganger: The Doppleganger chooses a player during the night. If that player is viewed by the Archmage or Hiigh Priest, they look evil . If the Doppleganger is killed, that night or during the next day, they look like the role of that player.

0-1 Thief: During the night, steals from a player. If that player has artifacts, they steal one artifact. They also learn wether that player has a night power or not. "Night power" means a once per night targetted action, and is one of:

Warlock, Werewolf, Dark Elf(maybe), Thief, Archmage, High Priest, High Elf(maybe), or Bodyguard.

They steal in this order, if there are multiple on their target:
Effigy
Potion of Invisibility
Crystal Ball
Amulet of Protection

Good team: (12 people)

The following roles exist in the game:

1 High Priest: The high priest can view people during the night, and sees: Werewolf, Imp, Demon, Wraith, Thief. They learn that the player is one of these roles, but not which. The High Priest knows the role of and may PM the Archmage.

1 Archmage: The archmage can view people in the night, and sees: Warlock, Doppleganger, Dark Elf, Lich. They learn that the player is one of these roles, but not which. The archmage knows the role of and may PM the High Priest.

Note that unlike last game, the Archmage and High Priest only learn that their target is someone they can see, not which exact role

Spell of Protection: If the Archmage or High Priest is lynched Day 1 or killed night 1, then instead no one dies

1 Artifact Merchant: The artifact merchant begins the game with the following artifacts:

Amulet of Protection: Defends the bearer against one night kill, or vigilante/warlock retaliation kill, or effigy kill. Breaks upon use. If the Amulet is used and broken, the player is told that it was broken. (If stolen, they are told that).

Potion of Invisibility: Defends the bearer against one lynching, causing the 2nd highest vote getter to be lynched instead. It is used up upon use. If only one player receives any votes, and they have the potion of invisibility, then the potion is used and there is no lynch. If this 2nd place lynching results in killing the High Priest or Archmage, and there is a corresponding Temple Guard or Warder, the Temple Guard or Warder takes their place and this is announced. It is announced if the potion is used.

Effigy: Used during the night to kill one player of the user's choice, and then it breaks. This kill is preventable. If the target was also killed by another effect, the effigy is not broken.

1 High Elf: The high elf is good and has a special power, but only the high elf knows what it is.

EIGHT of the following roles exist in the game:

0-1 Temple Guard: If the High Priest would be killed in any way other than the Imp, and the Temple Guard is alive, then the Temple Guard dies instead. If this was a lynching, it is announced that the Temple Guard took the lynching in place of the High Priest. If during the night, this is not announced.

0-1 Warder: If the Archmage would be killed in any way other than the Imp, and the Warder is alive, then the Warder dies instead. If this was a lynching, it is announced that the Warder took the lynching in place of the Archmage. If during the night, this is not announced.

0-1 Bodyguard: During the night, the Bodyguard should PM me who to protect. If the protected player is attacked, and the kill is not prevented by some other effect, then the Bodyguard dies instead of that player.

0-1 Vigilante: If the vigilante is lynched, then the vigilante also kills one of the players of their choice voting to kill them. If the vigilante is killed in the night, then they choose a player to kill. This kill IS preventable (change from last game).

0-1 Hunter: If at any time, the hunter is the only good role remaining alive, and there are one or two evil players left, then the Hunter kills the remaining evil players and wins the game for the good team.

0-1 Governor: During the day, the Governor may PM me that they wish to make a decree on who is lynched. If they do, then at lynch time it will be revealed that by the Governor's decree, a certain player is lynched. The governor may only make a decree once per game. If the governor uses their decree and kills the warlock, then the warlock kills the governor. Essentially, the use of the governor power invalidates all votes other than the governor's, and the only vote cast is that by the governor. It is not revealed who the governor was (unless they lynch the warlock of course). If the governor uses their power to lynch a wraith, there is no 2nd place votegetter so no one else is killed. If the governor uses their power on a non wraith, the wraith is not killed (yeah, theyre tied for 2nd, but its silly, so they arent killed).

If the governor uses their power on the player with the potion of invisibility, then the potion is used and there is no lynch.

0-1 Apprentice Wizard: If the archmage and high priest are both dead and the apprentice wizard is alive, the apprentice wizard learns the reuslts of all the night views by the archmage and high priest.

0-1 Psychic: The psychic has a crystal ball. Once per game, during the night, they may break the crystal ball to learn the exact role of one player. Alternately, the Psychic may give the ball to another player during the night. That player may use the ball on a future night.

2+ Priests: If there are no priests left in the game, then roles will no longer be revealed on death, and the Imp may become the Demon. Each priest is given some secret knowledge (1 sentance) about the game, which is not revealed upon their death.

Order of night actions

1) Thief steal
2) Pass or use of artifacts
3) Seer visions
4) Evil team kill
5) Wraith kill (if applicable)
6) Imp kill (if applicable)
7) Kills announced if a Priest remains. If the last priest is killed, this is announced. If so, all priests killed during the night have their roles revealed but no one else's role is revealed. I have decided that you will not learn the causes of all the night deaths, just who was killed.

This is subject to change before the game starts, as I think of more stuff.

SevenSpirits
Xandryyte
Lauramath
Seppi
Beowulf
BlueBehir
RoyalFlush
Grinningpik
Janiera
Oilslider
Threnody
Dalestephenson
MoonGoddess
Kuchick
Ron Stuckel
Anonymouse
Shugyosha
Javal
Arkibet

Alternates:

Seanp
Slyde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
vote SevenSpirits

oh yeah, I am in gosh, I hope I don't mess things up this time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just because I've been evil in the last FOUR games I've played doesn't mean I'm evil this time. I even changed my avatar so I would look less suspicious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
Hey, just because I've been evil in the last FOUR games I've played doesn't mean I'm evil this time. I even changed my avatar so I would look less suspicious!

Yeah, I'll make sure sean isnt evil this time....
(j/k) It'll be random. But you have an 11/17 of being good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in

-Munch "and this time I'll post a dictionary" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
I am so in, and hopefully my earlier-than-last-minute entry will help me to garner a more active role than a pitiful Witch...

Although now that I've brought it up, I doubt it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this like the 2nd chance draw? All the people who didn't win a grand prize get the chance at winning the unclaimed prizes?

Well I guess I've got my ticket right here....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelly
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me! Me! I'm in this time from the start!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
btw, I like the small twist on the hunter. Maybe we should apply that to our F2F games.

-Munch "I want to be a wraith" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oil Slider
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm in, please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need more possible good roles, here are some ideas:

Half-Vigilante 1
Gets a free kill on a voter when lynched.

Half-Vigilante 2
Gets a free kill on any player when killed in any way but the lynch.

Traditional Priest
Learns roles of the dead even when priests are dead.

Good Mimic
Chooses a player whose role they will look like on death. Can change their choice at any time.

I'd also like to point out that it will pretty much suck to be the Temple Guard or the Warder. No night actions, no knowledge, and you're super likely to die.
They're good mechanically, but I just thought that was worth pointing out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up

~MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Down to 6 slots left!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ME ME ME!!

*frantically motions at Alexfrog's sexy avatar*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More role changes: I added Dark Elf and High elf as guaranteed roles, and removed Sorcerer and Witch as potential roles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
ME ME ME!!

*frantically motions at Alexfrog's sexy avatar*

Thanks kuchick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giant Robot
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me another "shot" at it. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I suppose I can be a first day lynch on this one (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, I like the elves.

Don't forget to update the HP/AM views, which still ahve Sorcerer and Witch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.