Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are you guys using for storing the bits? My first attempt (a stack of Plano organizers in various sizes) is no good; instead of each player getting their own organizer, the galleys & catapults are all in one big one, and the infantry & cavalry are divided up among three smaller ones, and they don't all fit inside the game box!

Ideally, each player gets their own box containing all their own units & influence markers (in separate compartments, of course!), and a seventh box contains stuff like cities/coins/etc., and they all fit in the game's box. Is this possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Come on, I can't be the only one who's taken the pieces out of the box! (Or tried to put them back in, for that matter.) What do you guys use? Ziploc baggies? Something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hills
United Kingdom
Portslade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just transferred all the bits to slightly larger/thicker baggies and they all fit back into the box ok. Given the number and size of the bits I can't imagine any rigid organisers that would still fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dworak
United States
Latham
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two ziploc-type bags (bought at Staples) for the player units for each color; the galleys, caesar, and generals in one bag, all other units in the other. More ziplocs for the chaos chips etc. Ziploc for the cards. Fits snugly in the box so nothing gets smooshled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziplocks worked for me. One bag per color, plus cards and stuff in other bags. No problem whatsoever getting everything in the box.

On the same note...just bought a small tool-box for $5 at Home Depot to hold my DOOM stuff. I will be able to get the figures and tokens in there, seperated nicely. The board pieces will still go in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Baggies, huh. Nuts.

(Didn't someone post somewhere a link to some tool for generating & printing your own cardboard trays or dividers? Or am I thinking of the tuckbox generator? I'd love to have everyone's units in their own little boxes, but I doubt I can get that without making custom ones.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm still goofing with plans & materials, but you can fit everything each player needs into a 5" x 6" tray (1.75" deep), and six of those will fit in the game box, leaving (I think) enough space for flatter trays for the cities/cards/coins/chaos/province tokens.

I'll post templates etc. once I decide on how to assemble the boxes (& whether to use heavy paper vs. thick cardboard), but here's how I'll probably lay them out:

6"
+--------------+
|galleys | 2"
| |
+----+----+----+
5" |inf |cav |cat | 2"
| | | |
+----+----+----+
|leaders | 1"
+--------------+
2" 2" 2"

(Does that make sense?) That "leaders" area also holds the influence tokens, and only needs to be about an inch deep. (Whether I'll do that by adding a bottom, or by cutting down the front edge of the box, I haven't decided.) Also, I think the general-purpose tray will be too thin to hold those big honkin' dice, so they'll probably be divided up among the leader areas of the players' trays. I'm also considering storing each player's starting money in the players' trays (partly because I can, partly to save room in the general-purpose tray), but I don't know yet whether that will be necessary.

(Oh, one idea which just occurred to me... remember when Axis & Allies came with those styrofoam organizers? Would a long skinny box, 2" x 14" or so, be more useful on the table than a 5" x 6" box? If it's 1.75" tall, I wonder if it might be too easy to knock over.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Check out #21 here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/71423/page/2

See if that can assist YOU on the matter then, and Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are multiple #21's there, you know.

(But I did find the tuckbox generator there, thanks.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard K.
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijsel
flag msg tools
My CotE storage:

I used some cheap storage boxes to store everything in. Units and money in the big boxes, cards and cities in flat rectangular boxes and all the small markers in flat square boxes.

It fits well, altough the boxes are a little taller than the game box, but that's not a big problem because the gamebox will still close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nuts, I didn't even think of using Tupperware-type containers. Dammit, man, why didn't you post that before I did this?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you ever sleep, man?

Crikey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I got 2 hours last night... and I took a nap this afternoon...

"And now that my COTE2 pieces are organized, I can sleep at night."

I did post templates & instructions for making those paper boxes, but they're still in the queue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They got approved, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/90663

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.