Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Friedrich last night AT LAST. Only played the two-player intro scenario unfortunately, still it was great fun, my housemate was positively gushing over it. Anyway, non-rule-related question: can anyone explain why the Imperial Army supply train can protect objectives like a general? What's the historical reason behind this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
i have to admit that the historical reason behind this rule is rather weak:

Since Saxony was Prussian occupied (and the Prussians were not really loved by the inhabitants) you can think of local help by the poeple.

The more important reason is a game balance issue: 2 generals for the IA is too much. 1 not enough. That's why the IA supply train has this special ability. (which also correlates nicely with the fact that the IA quite often does not need a supply train, because her normal theatre of operation is saxony and holy roman empire, i.e. their home country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, Richard. After playing short scenario #2 as the Prussians I realised that the Imperial Army is invulnerable to supply-line attacks. Don't even think about it, it's not worth it! I know it seems obvious, but you never REALLY know until you play I guess the Prussian player shouldn't try to play too smart against the Imp. Army. They shouldn't be underestimated either, or they'll just gather TC's like mad and be a serious drain on Prussian resources later in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.