Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a great four person game of O Zoo Le Mio today after Turkey Day, and in the end myself and my sister in law tied with 114 points.

But the rules don't include a tie breaker (page 11)!!

So, what would be a good tie breaker? Number of coins left? Number of tiles in your zoo? Number of actually visitors at your zoo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I'd go with coins as the player with the most coins in hand probably spent most efficiently, making him or her the best zoo manager in the eyes of the stockholders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pool
United States
Carmel Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two coins left over to her none. But she spent four coins each for the last two tiles, and that put her in contention for the tie. She was leading each year, though, so she had to spend like mad just to catch back up in the fifth year. I guess tie by coins would mean more efficiency, but I would have liked to seen her play that way and still be competative. Made for a more exciting game.

What about all the assets together? Tiles + Coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's just me, but this is the sort of game I'm quite content to simply say, "Yay, we both win!" Then again, I'm like that with a lot of games. If I had to choose for a tournament, I'd think coins left over would follow how most games decide it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
I don't think coins is that good a tie-break. Most of the time, I see people just bid everthing they've got on the last tile. The game has a couple of tie-breakers that would seem to be logical:
1) You could just declare whichever of the tied players was higher on the flagpole as the winner.
2) you could use the score for the current round as the tie-breaker - the game always favors the newest anyhow, so whoever got the most points in that round wins. If that was a tie, use the points from round 4 (I'd say the scores, but they'd be tied too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.