Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured that Dale Earnhardt Inc. will be featured in an expansion, but who can say with Theresa Earnhardt wanting to "protect" DEI's product. Anyone heard anything about this? Sure would have been nice to get a Michael Waltrip in the Napa Auto Parts #15 before he (and his sponsor, Napa Auto Parts) move on to his new car & team owner.

I'd like to thank Coca Cola, Dominos Pizza, Ritz Crackers, Chevrolet, Aaron's, Oreo Cookies, Snap On tools, Best Western, Pro Bass Shops, Champion Spark Plug and all of the other wonderful sponsors for sponsoring this message...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering that, too... it is probably that they are holding him and a few others back to make an attractive expansion much like the Pirates game. Of course, with NASCAR paint schemes changing every year and with several per car per year, there are LOTS of opportunities for this to be a cash cow for Wizkids.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some legendary drivers/cars as rares/promos. Richard Petty, for one. Possibly Dale Sr. if it wasn't felt to be in poor taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought two of the starter boxes for this, and as a huge DEI and Dale Jr. fan, I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully we'll get them in the next expansion along with the legends of racing (Dale Earnhard, Sr., Richard Petty, the Allisons, Bill Elliott, Darrell Waltrip, etc.). Love to run a race with the new guys against the old-timers.

--
Ken Rumsey
http://www.boardgameplayer.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny that you guys mentioned racing legends - I was actually thinking of starting a forum to discuss this same thing. Heck - I am going to do that right now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of "who shows up" is determined by licensing. Certain drivers or teams may not show up if they don't release (or get paid for) the rights. Same thing happens with other NASCAR products. Some drivers are represented, some are not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that driver licensing doesn't get in the way of this game. I know drivers have to protect what's theirs and all, but come on - this is a freakin' game! For anyone to hold out would be out of line with what NASCAR represents, in my opinion. We shall see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Williams
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/raceday/article.asp?cid=40188

Have a look. Also the 2006 Series 1 will offer a Daytona track in the value pack like Pocono in the first release. Most card stores are getting this around Feb 28th. I can't wait myself.

-Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET! Thanks for the info Robin!

I notice that it says 2-8 players. Why is there 12 starting spaces on the big tracks? I suppose for 6 players playing 2 cars each?

Where did you see the info on Daytona? Or did I miss it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Williams
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Here is where I saw the Daytona track. This is from a popular online card store. I also saw it posted in the wizkids forum.

http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?ItemId=raceday06-1vb&a=

-Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frickin' SWEET!

Ok, now maybe I can get my wife interested since she really dug going to the track when we were in Florida. (It helped that Bill Elliot and Kyle Petty were there testing cars for the summer race at the time...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wondered about junior and some of the other drivers that were not included, and if it was because they had "adult product" sponsors, what with this being a "kid's game" and all. i know the playstation series just has a generic paint scheme on these guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S J
United States
Oakdale
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just have generic schemes in this game too. I noticed also that Dale Jr. was missing in the 2005 set, but that his car is pictured on the new 2006 pack fronts.

I appears on the card pack picture that it is just a generic car of the same number and color and does NOT have his beer sponsorship shown at all. This does not explain why he wasn't in the 2005 set though, because Rusty Wallace was included and he had a generic car without the Miller Lite sponsor on the car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.