Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I am glad to hear that Gelete, since it means my impression is dead-wrong.

Tomorrow I might get another game of Tzolk'in in, in which case I will try to abuse the temple strategy again (it seemed to me that it was easier to do than other paths).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Canales wrote:
Iwonka, like you say, the wheels "are" the game and its charm at the same time. I never said the game should dispense with them, rather that they are not enough to keep my interest.

As for the different strategies, some of them seem more action-effective than others and thus easier to exploit (unless other players actively get in your way). So we both agree that not all of them are equal.

Finally, sorry if my comment sounded like I was badmouthing the game. I rate Tzolkin a 7, which for me is pretty good. But not excellent and worthy of a place in my collection. Other people can and will think differently, and I will be happy all the same.

I think more what Iwonka is saying is that the wheel is quite literally the Mayan calendar. Play elements, tracks, everything else aside--the Mayan calendar IS a wheel. Therefore it is the PERFECT element to build a Mayan calendar game around.

Mancala has absolutely NOTHING to do with Roman anything, therefore if you were to pick one as gimmicky and one as not, there really can be only one answer--Trajan has a game element which has been added only for the game's sake, the very definition of gimmicky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelete, your English beats the crap out of my Spanish, and I had four years of Spanish in high school. Nice review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you say Tzolk'in walks on a single track?

Nice review, Viper. I rate it a high 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.