United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Session Report for Deflexion
played on Thursday, November 24, 2005

Having already played two games using the Classic setup, my father and I decided to try a game using the Imhotep setup described in Deflexion's instructions.

My father played Gold so he went first. I was Silver and so went second.

Right away I noticed that if I rotated one of my Pyramids one quarter-turn clockwise (the closest one to me that is on the next-to-the-left-most column) I would create a tricky situation for my father: namely, a shot from his laser would strike his own Pharaoh (unless something was done to redirect the beam of the laser).

In this way I kept my father on the defensive for much of the game. He still managed to remove many of my pieces, however.

Towards the end of the game, I noticed that I could remove one of his Pyramids all the way across the board from my laser. I hoped this wasn't a trap for me to fall into, so I did just that. I eliminated his Pyramid but, unfortunately for me, that was a piece that my Dad was planning on removing from the path of his laser, and I saved him a move by doing it for him. As a result, it only took him only one more move to direct his laser right into my Pharaoh, claiming him the victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.