Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

When exporting my collection the file contains also beside the normal commas also comma in the Title of the game . So if "Ausreisser,Der" is imported in another programm I´ll get another column or odd columns . Is there a chance to do it this way that this comma before "THE, DER, DAS,DIE" is not exported. This would be really useful.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
just tried the export function to see what you mean, and I can't duplicate the problem you have...

I have games such as "Ark of the Covenant, The" and "Settlers of Catan, The" in my collection, but when I export to CSV and open in excel it doesn't create a seperate column, because the game name is enclosed in ""s.

If your spreadsheet program is not recongnising that the names have ""s round, then the only other thing I can think of is to import the text using something else as the delimiter... e.g.
1) open in a text editor.
2a) use search and replace to change all "," to say #
2b) use search and replace to change all " to as well
3) save as a text file
4) import the text file as a # delimted file.

By replacing all "," with # you will have # delimiters, but the commas in the game names will remain because they aren't surrounded by "". If that makes sense.

Finally, if you have any problems, feel free to PM me to arrange to email your exported file and I will fix it for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hilgert
Germany
Unspecified
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s so easy

Thank you very much

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.