Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bump of: original thread
Welcome to Doomtown, Confederate States of America section. We have a modest slate of events scheduled at BGGCon.

Location(s): TBD-I’d like to try for one of the smaller open gaming areas.

I have contact info for several interested parties-I’ll try to set up shop an hour or so beforehand and get the word out. If I have NOT contacted you directly and you are interested, please GM with a number I can text you at. I will also try to hang out some signage, e.g.

http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/writereview.php?prid=14...
(click to enlarge)
and I'll be wearing my sh*tkickin' Dressed Western outfit replete w/ Lizard string tie
Tourney type: TBD based on number of participants
Up to 6: round robin
8: double elimination, cut to final 4/single elimination w/ consolation
10+: 3 rounds of Swiss and cut to final 4
→ I will sit out w 7 or 9 players as these numbers really don’t work for any format.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Sealed and sealed constructed:
Thursday, November 15, 2012, 8 p.m.

Blake Crawford
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has pledged to have boosters and starters available at a nominal ‘buy in’.

Two-Pack: as per

http://doomtownarchieve.webs.com/formats

Home on the Range cards and AEG discount codes for participants with the Winner and Sportsman receiving the Wooden versions.

Sealed/Constructed: Players will then augment their ‘two packs’ with 1 or 2 more boosters plus a randomly selected Starter deck to make a constructed deck. This is a fun ‘keep yer cards’ event.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Constructed: Friday, November 16, 2012, 8 p.m.
Format: open
The Code o' tha West is in effect-bring your own best deck.
Ties broken by Total Control Points, Total Influence, Gomorra Sloe Draw.

Harrowed Entertainment Group will offer the following prizes
(ala URL):
Champion Sleeves (Winner) [shipped to winner]
The Champions Project Card (Winner) [For inclusion in the 2013 Pack]
TCP 2012 Pack (Winner)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group Gift certificate (Winner)
Wooden Homes (Winner and Sportsman)
TCP Home Card (Participant)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group Discount Code (Participant)

In an additional effort to draw more drifters into Gomorra, I (Davido) will put up the following swag:

1) Harrowed Kenny (if 3+ other players)
2) Mouth of Hell-set of 3 sealed starters (Collegium, Lawdogs, Sweetrock)

3) Revelations-set of 3 sealed starters (Blackjacks, Maze Rats, Sioux)
4) Mon-back Outfit Home (CHOICE of Collegium OR Sioux)
5) Inquest Joker

(the bad boy on the lower right)
6) Father Juan Navarro (3S BJ dude)-signed by artist Lisanne Lake
7) 2 sealed starters from Ashes to Ashes (Rangers, Sweetrock)
8) 2 sealed starters: ep8: Agency & ep9: Flock
9) 3 booster pack posters (Reaping of Souls, Revelations, and ???)
10) Chips n Rock (Ghost Rock (c. 400GR n Pine Box tokens-inf/ctrl/VP)

11) 24 (out of 28) official Outfit homes (no BJ:RG, Flock, FL:CoA, or S:WP)
12) Nearly 1000 assorted different cards
a. c. 250+ Clubs
b. c. 250+ Diamonds
c. c. 200+ Hearts
d. c. 300+ Spades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have Eric Jome's The Doomtown Game decks for some 'on the fly friendly action' for those sans decks or wanting to try out this take of "Doomtown as a packaged game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sealed-8pm Thursday
Constructed-8pm Friday

Enterprise is huge and full.
Filmmakers is huge and empty I'll be along the left wall as you enter along w/ signage and my cowboy outfit (sans hat) c. 7:30ish.

EDIT: There are some other rooms opening up that are more intimate (and have long tables vs. round ones). But let's get everyone together in Filmmakers and go from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Home on the Range & Two Pack results
Doomtown at BGGCon got off to a bang stompin' start. 10 drifters and card slingers invaded Filmmaker's Hall at the DFW Hyatt Regency at High 8 (it's not high noon, but we had some late arrivals to accomodate).

Blake Crawford
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

kindly provided the sealed product (ep 3-9 boosters) for our shootin' n bootin' pleasure. After 4 rounds of action, a pair of champions emerged:

Michael Shinall-winner
(large wooden Home on the Range outfit card)

Michael Toler-2nd
(small wooden Home on the Range outfit card)

Participants received a copy of the actual Home on the Range outfit card as envisioned by Harrowed Entertainment Group.

Stay tuned for the CSA open/constructed tourney as we play:

"Win Davido's Cards"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The CSA open/constructed tourney found 5 of us ready to shoot n boot. Players and decks:

Blake Crawford: Sweetrock GLR updated landslide
Michael Shinall-Rachels Gang job/shooter
John Bowman-original Sweetrock
Brian Vogle-Agency
David Orange-Whateleys Extended Family fear mongers

Blake, Michael and I were the veterans and John and Brian had limited plays and cards. Gomorra is an equal opportunity killer, and everyone gets a chance to try their luck and skill.

Blake's updated Landslide used 4X Eureka's Rage to power through his deck, using influence hosers/booters to pin the opponents and then drop enough control (via the GLR discount/ability) for early wins. I know my deck is a solid mid/late gamer and didn't have the speed to cope w/ the onslaught.

Congrats to Blake on a well-deserved win. In addition to the HEG swag and the coveted Harrowed Kenny, Blake also took home a Law Dogs: Mob Justice wooden outfit hom and he will be designing a card for the 2013 TCP project.

Michael managed two wins and gave a solid runner up performance. Michael earned a large wooden outfit home for the Lost Angels: Guardian Angels and a 3S Father Juan Navarro signed by artist Lissanne Lake.

I did manage to unleash my fear mongers and terrors upon Brian to salvage a modicum of pride.

All participants (since we had a small field) received outfti cards that reflect HEG's take on the Lost Angels: Guardian Angels and Law Dogs: Mob Justice. These are bona fide outfit cards and legal for play and building decks around.

Brian elected to expand his collection by selecting for his prize 1000 different Doomtown cards. I expect big things out of the OK posse at the next BGGCon CSA tourney.

John selected a nearly complete (24 out of 28) outfit homes to backbone his deck builds.

Oh and as icing on the cake, John (Collegium New Front), Brian (Black Jacks), Michael (Whateleys Extended Family) and I (Maze Rats) took Eric Jome's classic bike decks out for a spin.

Details are pretty fuzzy, but only Michael had played multi before. Thus John and Brian were introduced to the frenzied free-fire killing zone that is multi-player bike madness. We called time after a couple of hours. Brian andI wereon the ropes, the UHF was stalking the town, Fineas Von Landingham was the terror of the skies around the Maze.

So it was a great 2 days of Doomtown, and all agreed they'd love to do it again next year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Vogle
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this at the con, and thanks to everyone for being kind to a new player It was the highlight for me, and I can't wait for more doomtown next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haverty
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Thanks for getting this together, David. I really enjoyed the 2-pack experience. I am making it a priority to get more plays in over the coming year and plan on bringing my own deck for constructed next year (assuming I can make it to the con again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Crawford
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Deck

Sweetrock GLR Rage Deck

Dudes:

Starters

Charlie Landers Exp.
Sandra Harris
Cassidy Greene
Timmy Derrick Exp.
Chyenne Bottoms

and

Town Drunk
Widow WIthers
Seeking Fury
Tom O'Reilly
The Drifter

Goods:

4x Griss-Griss

Actions:

4x Eureka's Rage
4x Rumors
3x Bad Tequila
3x Claustrophobia
3x Agoraphobia

Deeeds:

leaning Rock Strike
Confederate Barracks
Burial Ground
Storage Shed
Lighthouse
Lyndon Station
Pony Express
Green-Eye Saloon
The Mission House
Fine China Shop
Circle K Ranch
Hunter's Moon Strike
Elijah's Parish
Road House
Bat's Breath Mine
Jeweler
Town Well
Hydro-Accelerator
Gomorra Volunteer Fire Brigade

Improvements:

Homeless Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bowman
United States
Owasso
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David for getting this set up! It was fantastic to play an old favorite even if I had forgotten how to play.

I also appreciate the pre-game apology from Blake before being brutalized by his deck. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.