Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After another 'voting with the cards' procedure, Kardinal & Konig was selected. The same group of five were the contestants.

I have learned the value of advisors, so instead of placing numerous cloisters during the first round, I instead tried to take advantage of openings and insert my advisors into a connected string of provinces. I was keeping a careful eye on these, making sure I had the majority of advisors in each province, or at least was guaranteed to tie for the majority. Obviously, this strategy isn't lucrative for the first round scoring, but it usually pays great dividends in the final tally.

Sure enough, the scores following the first round found me in dead last:

Lenny, Elizabeth -2, Eric -3, Jerry -4, Greg -6

I wasn't concerned as I felt very comfortable with my advisor position. Jerry, who isn't a fan of the game, was already moaning about my superior position and how the game was already 'over'. I kept assuring everyone it wasn't, as I spotted clearly that Lenny was quietly building a string of advisors along the eastern edge of the map. I had already placed nearly all of my advisors, so there was little I could do to stop him from completing this string.

Sadly, in my greed to make just one more connection, I overlooked one empty city space in Franconia. This momentary lapse in care allowed Elizabeth to place another cloister and advisor in that province, denying me the majority. This split my connection of advisors into two parts and ultimately cost me a dozen points. Meanwhile, Lenny was able to complete his string of advisor majorities and claim the victory, while Eric gained 8 points from two long roads and snuck into second place.

Finals: Lenny, Eric -5, Greg -10, Elizabeth -11, Jerry -18

Ratings: Eric 7.5, Lenny 7, Greg 7, Elizabeth 7, Jerry 2 (Yes, there's no comprehending Jerry's ratings!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.