Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Baldwin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Since I had dictated the first game of the evening, the second went to a vote, and the choice was 6 Nimmt!, one of the
most popular game I own. 6 Nimmt! has, like, maybe three rules in total, but boy is it fun. Players lay cards in four rows,
but all play in simultaneous so you're never quite sure what's going to happen on a given turn. The object is not to take
points, but if your card winds up as the sixth card in a row, you must take the first five -- and each card is worth points.
In other words, don't take cards; as simple as that.

I've probably played 6 Nimmt! 50 times since I've bought it, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to win the stupid
thing. This time were were playing the "strategic" version, where you only use enough cards to start the four rows and
deal ten cards to every player (i.e. with seven players -- Ranger, Will, Carrie, Matthew, Riley, Isabelle and James -- we
used exactly 74 cards). Overall I think this improves the game, although Isabelle feels that the loss of some randomness
ultimately detracts from the "fun quotient".

I started off well, then took a score of points, then did well again for about one hand, then tanked. Although I was not the
first player to go over 66 points (thereby ending the game) I was certainly close. In fact this was just about the highest
scroing game I've played, with even the winner picking up over 40. And that winner was .. Claire again! She ... must ...
be ... stopped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.