Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Game: High Society

Once again, we had a bunch of people tell us they were coming to play tonight, so we had picked out a game to play that would handle seven. However, we needed something to do until everyone arrived. Since I had not played this in a while, I decided this would be a great filler while waiting. Matt was the first to arrive for the evening sans Maria. We knew that Dwight was on his way for sure, but we knew we could get a quick game of this in before he arrived.

Our first game of this went pretty quickly. Christine went after some stuff really heavy, really quickly. She picked up the eight, ten, and a double early on. While she was doing this, I picked up the seven. Matt still had not won a card. When the lose one card came up, Matt was the first player to bid, and he chose to take it without anyone placing a bid on it. This came back to hurt him later. Right after this, he took the other two doubles that came up. My only real chance at winning now was to keep him from picking up another card. Christine helped me out by taking the three card. Then Matt was able to win the six, which he bid a lot for, he lost it immediately. The next card up was the one-half card, ending the game.

Final Result:

Stephen -- 7
Matt -- 0
Christine -- 42 (Bust)

Early on, it looked as though Christine had forgotten the rules of the game. She bid a lot in a hurry. She spent so much, bidding mostly against Matt, that she was effectively out of the game despite having some great cards. My problem became staying ahead of Matt, but at the same time, making sure he did not spend so much money that Christine would not be the biggest spender. The total game time was about 15 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.