Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourth Game: Heimlich and Co.

I had picked this game out for two reasons. The first is that it could play up to seven people. The second is that I've had it for quite a while and have yet to get around to playing. This seemed as good a time as any. The game is actually pretty straightforward. On your turn, you roll a die and move various pieces around the board. When someone gets to the safe, all pieces score points according to their current location -- even negative if on the haunted house. The safe is then moved elsewhere. This continues until someone reaches the end of the scoring track. The catch is that the colors are randomly assigned at the beginning and are kept secret. Thus you are trying to get points for your guy without revealing who you are to the other players.

In general, I have difficulty with games that require me to bluff, so for the first few turns, I played pretty much randomly. Strangely, Dwight said later that he knew I was orange from the very beginning. I guess he got lucky. At any rate, after a few turns, I began to try to promote my guy just a little bit. I did get myself into something of a lead. However, this was to be very short-lived. My guy began to work his way backward at a massive rate. I was never really able to catch up after that.

Final Result:

Dwight -- 47
Matt -- 29
Stephen -- 27
Christine -- 24

As mentioned already, I am not all that good at these types of games. Still it was a pleasant little diversion and finished quickly enough. That certainly is something to recommend it. While I did enjoy playing, it looks as though it is going to take several additional playings before I come up with a viable strategy. At any rate, we decided we could play this one again. Our total playing time was about 20 minutes.

Fifth Game: Heimlich and Co.

We enjoyed the first playing of this enough, that everyone was interested in giving it another go. I tried to be a little more intentionally sly this time around. The end result of this is that I did get my piece pushed ahead on the points early on -- again. However, apparently I began paying too much attention to blue, and they started pushing me back some. I was able to get my points pushed back up some closer to the end. However, at this point, Dwight and Christine were both pushing orange, resulting in the game ending shortly thereafter.

Final Result:

Christine -- 42
Matt -- 37
Stephen -- 34
Dwight -- 22

I am beginning to suspect that Dwight might be a little bit color-blind. He claimed to think that his card depicting orange was actually red. This was actually backed up a fair amount by his play -- or at least his later play. Initially, it looked as though he were favoring red. However, at the end, it was quite clear that he was assisting orange. Unfortunately, orange was Christine. All of this additional help allowed her to win relatively easily. Yet another game that lasted 20 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.