Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a word of warning or two:

One: the "axles" are the weakest part of the car - use care when attaching the wheels or they'll break. I found that attaching the wheels first, then assembling the completed axles later worked best.

Two: Don't try to take the tires off after putting them on. I made this mistake and lost an axle. Luckily I had a spare Biffle lying around... So yeah, taking them off may not be a good idea, even though it sucks not being able to "park" the car after you are done with it. (You know - put it back into the dashboard card and the other card.) Or is it that I am unlucky when it comes to these things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just me - my son put some cars together for me and lost 2 axles. Almost done with the Biffle spares...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
You are right about the axles, put the tires on before inserting the axles into the frames. I've broken 2 our of 44 (the broken 2 are going to be permanently glued onto Jeff Gordon's rear).

It is just as well to leave the cars assembled. They are sturdy enough to survive transportation to and from game night (I keep them all piled together in the promo starter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also keep them in the deluxe/promo starter, but I am looking for something a little more secure. Yes, they are pretty sturdy once they are all together, so that is nice.

One thing to note when using the tires on axles, then assemble method - make sure that you are pushing the completed axles onto the frame with enough pressure to actually get them in far enough without breaking them. On the ones that my son put together, I noticed that the cars looked a little odd - more to the point, around the tires - so I double-checked them and they just needed to be "gently persuaded" deeper onto the frame, and that took care of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
Using the loose in the box storage method, I just had a front grill disappear, so I may end up gluing my cars together or finding a storage method with less rattling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if HotWheels or any of those 1/64 car companies ever made an affordable yet usable case that also held a driver's trading card that may work for Race Day? Hmm...

Might have to check into the HotWheels section next time I'm at the store - see if there is anything and if the price is right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian bessey
United States
schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
You can get a groovy matchbox carrying case for 5.99 at Toys R Us.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005BY55/qid...

Keep the cars together... Less headaches... much less...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i found some plastic boxes at wal-mart in the fishing/bait section. they hold 5 cars, and are the perfect width. they also have about an extra inch in the length, so the cars will roll back and forth a bit, but you could stick some cotton or something there and keep them all cushy (pardon the pun).

IIRC, they were about $1.50 each, and you'd need 6 of them to exactly store the complete lineup and the 2 promo cars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Vogel
United States
Shakopee
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update - the new 2006 Series 1 set cars unclude 2 extra axles, so now you have spares included!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.