Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to use a special ability of a unit (e.g. Forest Walk, Mountain Folk, etc) do I need to reveal the unit to my opponent first to prove it has that ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
If by "Forest Walk" you mean a Forest unit moving through a Forest hex without stopping, then no, you do not need to reveal the unit. Thus, it is often difficult to determine if the opponent's movement was due to a Forest unit or a Flyer. Obviously, in order for this to work, you and your opponent need to be both trustworthy and well-versed in the rules. It's all too easy to cheat, intentionally or not. Thus, if you're just learning the game, I suggest playing a short scenario with the pieces on their backs to make sure you both have the movement and hexside rules down.

(I presume you didn't mean the Dryad's or Minotaur's spell from the Chaos expansion, which temporarily give terrain movement abilities to other units. In those cases, as I recall, you just declare what spell you're casting, what unit(s) you're targeting, and reduce the caster's strength without actually revealing the units.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's exactly what I was talking about...I'm glad that's the case too, it would really subtract from the game if you had to "prove" you're not cheating by removing the fog of war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.