Subject: Stacking Limit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Loomis
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I've been over the rulebook a couple times, and I'm still unclear on something related to the Stacking Limit of 10 units per territory.

Do leaders, Nazgul, characters and Companions count towards this limit of 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, only the army units (Regulars and Elites) count towards the stacking limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it as resource usage: each army unit represents an entire battalion or whatever, which has to be fed, watered, and so on. The land can only support so many battalions in the same place.

Leader figures (and Nazgul, Minions, and Companions), on the other hand, represent individuals. The amount of resources a single individual takes up is nothing compared to even a single battalion; so there's no limit on the pieces that represent individuals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

The Stronghold is part of the Region and units can only ever enter a Stronghold when the enemy attacks. The result is a siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van den Berghe
Belgium
Blanden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about Saruman Nation Elite Army units, do they count in stacking limit? They are also Leaders, for all purposes, as long as Saruman is in play.
As I understand it, 10 saruman basic + 8 Saruman Elite + 4 Nazgul is OK on 1 field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isengard Elites are units, therefore they do count in the stacking limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nate ben-porat
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
gilrandur wrote:
I've been over the rulebook a couple times, and I'm still unclear on something related to the Stacking Limit of 10 units per territory.

Do leaders, Nazgul, characters and Companions count towards this limit of 10?

no. in the rulebook they mean only regular soldiers. you can have as much charecters and leaders you want.

edit: sorry wrote by mistake that you can have as much elite that you want. deleted now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glynnyth wrote:
And what about Saruman Nation Elite Army units, do they count in stacking limit? They are also Leaders, for all purposes, as long as Saruman is in play.
As I understand it, 10 saruman basic + 8 Saruman Elite + 4 Nazgul is OK on 1 field.

Krieghund wrote:
Isengard Elites are units, therefore they do count in the stacking limit.

To be more precise, Isengard Elites are counted both as elite units and as leaders, for all purposes, as long as Saruman is in play.

This means, among other things, that they still count against the 10-unit stacking limit, but an army containing Isengard Elites can also be moved with a Character die. (It can still, of course, be moved with an Army die, just like any army).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.