1 , 2  Next »   | 

Glory to Rome» Forums » News

Subject: UPDATE #35: The End In Sight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amber Ying
United States
flag msg tools
It's been a long hard road, but finally we're at the end of it! Here is a quick rundown on the status of the shipments:

Americas
Games and rewards packs have all been shipped. (Whoo!)

Europe
Games and rewards packs have all been shipped. (Whoo whoo! Also, Europe also includes Russia and South Africa.)

Asia
All games and rewards packs have been shipped directly to backers or to distributor agents (which means that it may take a smidge longer). Breakdown for the distributor agents by country: New Zealand and Australia are en route to the agents and will be shipped when they are received by our agents. Singapore and Japan have been shipped to backers via agents.

In summary, if you have not received your games and rewards packs, rest assured that they are on their way!

Finally, we at CGF have received a letter of resignation from Christopher Rao, our Director of Production. We are very sad to see him go, but it has been a pleasure to have worked with him. We wish him the absolute best as he waddles out towards the horizon. (Onward, penguin!)

Things are wrapping up around here ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Damoiseaux
Netherlands
Munstergeleen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The shop in Belgium where I pre-ordered the game is still waiting on the bonus cards for their ordered games. Until then I won't receive my game.
He says he doesn't get any reaction to emails anymore. Hope this gets settled soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about hong kong?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Rao
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Q:When I say "lawyer" what pops into your head? A:Someone who designs games about penguins." - Dormammu
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Amber!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Amber wrote:
Asia
All games and rewards packs have been shipped directly to backers or to distributor agents (which means that it may take a smidge longer). Breakdown for the distributor agents by country: New Zealand and Australia are en route to the agents and will be shipped when they are received by our agents. Singapore and Japan have been shipped to backers via agents.

How about Taiwan?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about East Finchley?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Amber wrote:
Asia

How about Taiwan?

If your country is not among those listed as going to agents for distribution, then your games and rewards have been shipped to you directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chit Hang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, nice to know we are getting our game :>

thanks christopher and amber for helping us with the update

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
csniezek wrote:

If your country is not among those listed as going to agents for distribution, then your games and rewards have been shipped to you directly.

Given that Hong Kong is a) adjacent to China by road and b) hasn't received anything yet, some sort of clarification as to when exactly said packets were mailed out would probably be helpful.

Taiwan is in a more complex situation.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
Singapore is also waiting ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a 15month wait it is ressuring to hear that our games are "in the mail".

Even if it a slow boat from China.

However, since we have received no estimate of when we might receive our games or how/when we will receive the various KS promos, it would be incorrect to say that the end was "in sight" for some KS backers.

If CGF could give us an estimate of delivery timescale (surely it cant be far wrong now) then we might be able to truly say that the end was in sight for us too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Agents of SMERSH backers, we have the name of the ship the games are on and tracking details of it as it makes its way across the Atlantic.

Too much to hope for, I guess?

How about a date of departure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
As Agents of SMERSH backers, we have the name of the ship the games are on and tracking details of it as it makes its way across the Atlantic.

Too much to hope for, I guess?

How about a date of departure?

That's a single large shipment. CGF is sending multiple small shipments out via standard surface freight, and bulk mail carriers don't bother telling which ship or ships your stuff ended up on.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but aren't they sending all the Australian stuff in a bulk shipment by sea? I suppose even then that's not gonna add up to much, is it?

*sigh*

Oh well. It'll turn up one day I suppose. I sure hope it's as good as it's supposed to be. I'd hate for this whole experience to end up as little more than a cautionary tale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
True, but aren't they sending all the Australian stuff in a bulk shipment by sea? I suppose even then that's not gonna add up to much, is it?

*sigh*

Oh well. It'll turn up one day I suppose. I sure hope it's as good as it's supposed to be. I'd hate for this whole experience to end up as little more than a cautionary tale.

70ish copies. You imply it isn't a cautionary tale now?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping the considerable bad is outweighed by a greater and longer-lasting good. That's the plan, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
topherr wrote:
Go Amber!

She's only just got here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
topherr wrote:
Go Amber!

She's only just got here
Really, it is only a matter of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wewekiki wrote:

Really? The games have been here for a couple weeks via the local representative, it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
wewekiki wrote:

Really? The games have been here for a couple weeks via the local representative, it seems.

Backers and stores have been getting their orders at different times much to the dismay of backers.

Also, hopefully this means CGF can work on getting replacement parts sent out because it has been so long since I sent out my e-mail about it I had forgotten about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting to receive my copy here in the UK. Despite (from what I recall), they were all supposed to be mailed out more than a month ago now.

I was assured back in September (via email) that my copy of the game would be sent to my work address. No joy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kift
Canada
New Westminster
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! I got mine today! And it's BEE-YOO-TI-FUL! kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Amber - is there any update on the shipment to Australia/NZ? I am still waiting on my two backed copies here in Melbourne, Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
New Zealand copies have arrived (I picked mine up from our NZ shipping hub man yesterday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to hear that more copies are showing up!
Hopefully Asia has similar luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.