16 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Does anyone know the World Champion decklists? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Conta
msg tools
designer
Hey, I've been trying to find decklists for the World Champion event that was held at Fantasy Flight last weekend, but I've had no luck. I tried emailing FFG but they have yet to respond. Any idea where I can find 1st/2nd place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Conta
msg tools
designer
I guess I should have done some more poking around, these weren't up the last time I checked. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/882431/world-championship-fi...

I thought they might have been added to strategy instead of sessions. Thanks to Ben and Jeremy for putting up their lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben Marsh:

Runner Identity: Criminals

Programs (11)

Sneakdoor Beta x 3
Gordian Blade x 1
Corroder x 2
Ninja x 2
Femme Fatale x 1
Crypsis x 1
Yog.0 x 1

Events (23)

Forged Activation Orders x 3
Easy Mark x 2
Infiltration x 3
Sure Gamble x 3
Special Order x 3
Diesel x 3
Account Siphon x 3
Inside Job x 3

Hardware (4)

Desperado x 2
Lemuria Codecraker x 2

Resources (8)

Decoy x 2
Crashspace x 1
Armitage Codebusting x 3
Bank Job x 2

Corps Identity: Haas-Bioroid

ICE (21)

Enigma x 3
Heimdall 1.0 x 2
Tollbooth x 2
Victor 1.0 x 3
Ichi 1.0 x 2
Rototurret x 3
Archer x 2
Ice Wall x 1
Wall of Static x 3

Assests (12)

Adonis Campaign x 3 (Though I HARDLY ever saw these. I had credit problems in a lot of my games)

Pad Campaign x 3
Project Junebug x 2
Aggressive Secretary x 2
Snare x 2

Upgrades (1)

Experiential Data x 1

Operations (6)

Hedge Fund x 3
Biotic Labor x 3

Agendas (9)

Private Security Force x 3
Accelerated Beta Test x 3
Priority Requisition x 3

Jeremy Z:

My decklists:

Criminal (45 cards)

2 Corroder (4 influence)
1 Yog.0 (1)
1 Ninja
2 Femme Fatale
1 Sneakdoor Beta
3 Parasite (6)
3 Datasucker (3)
3 Desperado
2 Bank Job
2 Crash Space
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Sure Gamble
3 Infiltration
3 Easy Mark
3 Account Siphon
3 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Forged Act. Orders
1 Stimhack (1)

Weyland (49 cards)

3 Priority Req.
3 PSF
3 Hostile Takeover
2 Posted Bounty

3 Ice Wall
3 Wall of Static
3 Enigma
3 Shadow
3 Archer
3 Data Raven (6 influence)
3 Hadrian's Wall
3 Melange M. Corp
1 Corp. Troubleshooter (1)
2 Snare (4)
2 Archived Memories (4)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Hedge Fund
3 Scorched Earth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Dijkstra
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In all earnest, I think those deck lists look like something I would never put together. Upon a first glance, I'd say that they are not very good decks.

That said, Netrunner is clearly a game where good playing matters more than a decklist. Gotta love that. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shurdus wrote:
In all earnest, I think those deck lists look like something I would never put together. Upon a first glance, I'd say that they are not very good decks.

Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Conta
msg tools
designer
I'd say bluffing/skill definitely plays more into the game than in others, but there is certainly something to be said about a good list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Shurdus wrote:

Why?

no melange mining corp in the first haas deck seems like a huge miss. no wonder he had credit issues, imho.

ive been continuously underwhlemed with criminal when your opponent is prepared for their playstyle, and they seem to win quick or not at all in my experience. but clearly it worked for them here. the first deck is super generic stock criminal, I guess I just expected more from a top deck at worlds. the other looks to be taking a page from the anarch ice destruction playbook, so thats an interesting angle at least.

i cant wait for the meta to have the data packs in the mix and more tourney results. I think things will be getting much more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Dijkstra
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Shurdus wrote:

Why?
Both players seem to run some of singles, I am not a big fan of that, and I prefer to use at least 2 copies of a card. So when confronted with the isue of having to pick two 1x cards, I prefer to pick the better one and pick 2x of that one.

That, plus I think the decks are pretty much 'stock'. I am sure this is just an issue with the limited cards available right now. In a year from now, I am sure you can see a lot of different decks that pack a surprise or two. These decks however are so-so, I am sure we may improve them still with a bit of brainstorming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bancroft
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:

no melange mining corp in the first haas deck seems like a huge miss. no wonder he had credit issues, imho.

ive been continuously underwhlemed with criminal when your opponent is prepared for their playstyle, and they seem to win quick or not at all in my experience. but clearly it worked for them here. the first deck is super generic stock criminal, I guess I just expected more from a top deck at worlds. the other looks to be taking a page from the anarch ice destruction playbook, so thats an interesting angle at least.

i cant wait for the meta to have the data packs in the mix and more tourney results. I think things will be getting much more interesting.

No melange is interesting, although he did have Pad Campaign which seems to be some people's personal favorite.

I think your comments that Criminal is weak really shows more about your local groups style than an actual reflection on the game. Another BGG'er compared over 1500 games on OCTGN and his data shows that Criminal has a better win record than any other runner at 63%. I've been to two different tournaments now, and just viewing the Netrunner forums here shows that Criminal and HB are extremely popular if not the most popular choices.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AugMiPlH3rBAdGp...

Personally I also find it interesting that the two four decks were relatively familiar and predictable as it shows more the talent of Jeremy and Ben. There were several people there with similar decks, yet these two consistently won. Ben went undefeated until either the 5th or final round which no other player there did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MMC and pad are very different cards. PAD is great for longterm drip of money, but it has no velocity to go from poor to rich at all and change your game plan, which is why i think MMC is a more critical card. i play with both alot, but win games on the back of MMC.

When you play around inside job and manage to ice HQ and archives effectively early, Gabriel can really run out of steam quick. I recognize Criminal is popular online, but I think they win more vs less experienced players but gets harder the better the corp is, and the longgame doesnt favor criminal as much as other factions imho.

Frankly, we've been struggling to build a criminal deck that wins as consistently and reliably as our shaper and anarch stacks. my local group is a bunch of NR playtesters with dozens and dozens of games under our belts since we've had the game for a while now. im truly interested in seeing what makes a criminal stack stand out in a competitive field, and wasnt surprised by the lists, just surprised they were top of the field. /shrug.

i agree with the masses that HB is the best corp deck. weyland combo is also good, but a bit swingier.

i do think this game rewards solid play and reads on the opponent, and this contributes alot to success if your list is at least reasonable. Im sure jeremy and ben are both solid players in general to have made it that far.

and i understand that fatigue sets in in large tourneys, but the sheer amount of sloppy plays in the finals was disappointing. losing a match forgetting to remove a tag you could have is a bummer. But im most shocked at how lax rules enforcement was, and that jeremy was not given a game loss for putting ice inside a remote server illegally and having a turn go by. the game is full of hidden info that COULD be used for ill intent, and so playing hidden cards correctly needs to be held to a high standard, especially in a worlds final. I suppose expectations of rules enforcement like MTG protours is premature, but that ruling shocked me, and would NEVER have flown in a serious magic tourney. oh well, the game is young.

very excited the game is proving to be so popular, and so im very eager to get more tourney results and high level discussion going. the data packs are about to really open up options alot, exciting times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Herschbach
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find that PAD Campaign could be better than Melange Mining Corp (MMC) due to the fact that it cost 4 to trash PAD and only 1 to trash MMC you also don't have to put PAD behind any ICE where as you do need ICE to protest your MMC. MMC will most definately be run on when it is rezzed, if not before. Where as if they run on PAD's server and it is not rezzed they may not/ can't trash it, due to the cost of 4, if it is rezzed again they may not even run the server until they have spare credits laying around.

I think early game favors PAD campaign but later in the game when you can have a secure remote server to hide MMC behind it looks better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Paulik
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rajja29 wrote:
I find that PAD Campaign could be better than Melange Mining Corp (MMC) due to the fact that it cost 4 to trash PAD and only 1 to trash MMC you also don't have to put PAD behind any ICE where as you do need ICE to protest your MMC. MMC will most definately be run on when it is rezzed, if not before. Where as if they run on PAD's server and it is not rezzed they may not/ can't trash it, due to the cost of 4, if it is rezzed again they may not even run the server until they have spare credits laying around.

I think early game favors PAD campaign but later in the game when you can have a secure remote server to hide MMC behind it looks better.

The existence and popularity of Bank Job makes the "you don't have to protect it" part of PAD a lot less appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really really like Jeremy's Criminal deck. I've always thought Parasite would go great with the Criminal's play style but the way he pulls it off with Datasucker and Yog is really elegant. I've been playing around with a very similar deck with good results.

Jeremy's Weyland deck is just your typical Weyland deck. Nothing wrong with that. In the hands of a skilled player who doesn't make too many mistakes I could see that doing very well.

Ben's Criminal deck is a pretty typical Criminal deck. And typical Criminal decks are quite strong.

Ben's HB deck, though, is pretty WTF. I honestly don't see how a deck like that does particularly well. He must have gotten some really fantastic hits with his traps (like that flatline in the finals). No MMC? Only one Ice Wall? No wonder he had credit problems! And I don't understand why Biotic Labor is in that deck. I don't see how he can afford it, and with all the big ice and the traps I would think he could leave advanced agendas out for a turn. I suppose it lets him get out a clutch Beta Test if the runner can easily get through his fortress. One thing the deck definitely has going for it: lots of surprises. Snare, Archer, AND Junebug. So if the runner is careless it can win a lot of games just because of that. Perhaps few people were playing Infiltration.

I'd be curious to see their overall match results to see how they did as corp vs how they did as runner.

I do suspect that the talent pool is perhaps a bit higher in the OCTGN tourney than in the FFG tourney. Does anyone know how many players participated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I guess I'll add: If the tournament had a lot of Anarch players, then Pad Campaign can be quite strong. Still would rather have MMC, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah D

Arlington
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rajja29 wrote:
I find that PAD Campaign could be better than Melange Mining Corp (MMC) due to the fact that it cost 4 to trash PAD and only 1 to trash MMC you also don't have to put PAD behind any ICE where as you do need ICE to protest your MMC. MMC will most definately be run on when it is rezzed

Now you're confusing yourself, that's why MMC is better... (In an overall power sense, obviously different cards will perform to differing degrees in different situations)

With a PAD Campaign you either
A) Put it behind a bunch of ICE; it'll never get trashed and the drip-feed may eventually recoup the cost of the ICE and credits you diverted to its protection...
or B) Put it out alone; the runner will use it for Bank Jobs then trash it

With MMC, you put it in your biggest nastiest agenda scoring Remote Server #1, and you get rich until the Runner finally expends a load of resources to break in on a run that will net them no points.

PAD is great though... don't get me wrong, but it isn't as good as Melange, and if your opponent is running Bank Jobs it could end up hurting you more than it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.