Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have any idea how FunAgain handles the stuff they get from Essen. I placed an order for several games (assuming they'd pick them up at Essen) and haven't heard anything since.

I assume they purchase quantities of games at Essen and then have them shipped back? If so, do they let people know that the games are on their way or do they wait until they've unloaded the shipments in their warehouses and then sort things out there?

Has anyone ordered Essen-released games from FunAgain before? Any comments on your experiences are much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they ship them back and that takes about a month. I also noticed in one of their announcements here that quantities are not guaranteed, the pre-orders help them plan on what to purchase. I imagine that you won't get any notification until the games are in their warehouse. I noticed last year that it was early December when the Essen games started showing up over here. (Edit: this comment was specific to Poseidon's Kingdom).

Flying them back would just be too expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered pre-orders from Essen from them both in the past and this year. When they come in, they'll ship them out provided you're high enough on the pre-order list based on the number of copies they receive. That's why they don't bill you until they actually get it and ship it to you. I've never gotten notice that games were on the way. There's no way of knowing when they would get there exactly and they pretty much ship them out within a few days of getting them into their warehouse. I haven't had any bad experiences with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Write them. Stella is very nice. It might be a day or two before you get an answer but she's always gotten back to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Stella is wonderful. She was helpful in switching around things, bumping Snowdonia for Trans-Siberian.

jschlickbernd wrote:
Write them. Stella is very nice. It might be a day or two before you get an answer but she's always gotten back to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I just got a notification yesterday that the game I pre-ordered was in and ready to ship, so you might get something similar soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I just got a notification yesterday that the game I pre-ordered was in and ready to ship, so you might get something similar soon.

Can we ask what game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was only waiting on Keyflower so I asked Stella about it. She said their shipment was clearing customs and would be there in a couple of days.

Customs can be a bitch. One year BGG.Con almost didn't have their games thanks to customs delays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
UndeadViking wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

Can we ask what game?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Shame on you!

OK, it was Winter. And now that I think about it, I received the notification because I requested to make payment by PayPal, and they needed me to pay. So not everyone will get one, I'll bet. You can probably check your account on Funagain to see what the status of your pre-orders are, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.