Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently left the organization that I was with and started my own lawfirm, I'm doing the website Pro Se and was just wondering what people thought www.droadlaw.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. No frills, but very attractive. I love the logo. Overall, the site is very easy to navigate, and the info, while basic, is presented very well, and is not confusing at all. The copy in each section is very well written. A very good job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
The one other thing I noticed is that you flip between using Mister Berry and Mr. Berry a few times in the same paragraph.

Thanks for the feedback guys, which do you think I should go with and be consistent: Mister or Mr?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
Your header reads:
DUI Criminal Immigration

but then below, your images are:
Immigration, Criminal, DUI

You need to swap DUI and immigration either in the top menu or below.

edit:
Also, the links at the bottom of the page are also out of order and inconsistent with the links at the top of the page.

"Find us now" seems an odd place/way to show your address.

You should have that either under contact us, or 'directions'.

It's weird that your phone number is under contact us, but your address is under find us now. You should also list your address and fax number under contact us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
You also have some long sentences and typos. Read all of your content out loud to someone else. That is the best way to catch the awkward sentences and typos. Also, have your friends and family review the content on your site. Some of the words that you use are familiar to lawyers, but would not be familiar to your client base. Remember who your target audience is.

for example:
Starting out in the Colorado Public Defenders System, Attorney Alex Berry handled hundreds upon hundreds of Criminal Cases, he understands that a guilty verdict can ruin your life, while a not guilty verdict is sweet vindication.

Are you saying that you used to be a public defender? You have 3 thoughts in this sentence.

Alexander Berry started his career at the Colorado Public Defender's office. In his tenure as a public defender, he defended hundreds of clients and has substantial experience as a criminal defense attorney. Mr. Berry understands the devastating effect a guilty verdict has on your life, as well as the life-affirming vindication of a non-guilty verdict.

The Domestic Violence section has a LOT of typos.

Domestic Violence

A Domestic Violence conviction can ruin your life. In addition to serving a lengthy jail sentence, there are a lot of collateral [collateral may be the right legal word, but seems odd in this case] consequences. The most important being that you make not own a firearm or explosive device. Losing your right to bear arms can be devastating, losing the right to protect yourself. [Run-on sentence] Furthermore, Iif your you're in the military you will be discharged, and Iif your you're a commercial truck driver, you may not be able to find a job as several trucking companies may occasionally haul explosives and thus cannot hire someone with a Domestic Violence Conviction. Other employers may be leery of hiring someone with any type of criminal record. Don’t let a false accusation ruin your career, call experienced Colorado Attorney Alex Berry of the Damascus Road Law Group Today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbrax wrote:
'At the Damascus Road Law Group, as a Colorado Springs Based Law Firm we take pride in our work.'

My first reaction upon reading that line was that it didn't roll off the tongue comfortably. The way it's been structured with the At and as makes it a bit strange to read. There should also be a second comma after Firm to separate the statement 'as a Colorado Springs-based law firm' from the rest of the sentence. Law firm should be lowercase as it's not a proper name in that context and based should be hypenated and attached to Springs. So the statement may look better as such:

'At the Damascus Road Law Group, a Colorado Springs-based law firm, we take pride in our work.'

Haven't looked at the rest of the site but as the first page is the most important, you may wish to tweak it!

Noted and changed, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried to fix the typos, will work on the Header soon, thanks for all the comments.

ze_stom wrote:
You also have some long sentences and typos. Read all of your content out loud to someone else. That is the best way to catch the awkward sentences and typos. Also, have your friends and family review the content on your site. Some of the words that you use are familiar to lawyers, but would not be familiar to your client base. Remember who your target audience is.

for example:
Starting out in the Colorado Public Defenders System, Attorney Alex Berry handled hundreds upon hundreds of Criminal Cases, he understands that a guilty verdict can ruin your life, while a not guilty verdict is sweet vindication.

Are you saying that you used to be a public defender? You have 3 thoughts in this sentence.

Alexander Berry started his career at the Colorado Public Defender's office. In his tenure as a public defender, he defended hundreds of clients and has substantial experience as a criminal defense attorney. Mr. Berry understands the devastating effect a guilty verdict has on your life, as well as the life-affirming vindication of a non-guilty verdict.

The Domestic Violence section has a LOT of typos.

Domestic Violence

A Domestic Violence conviction can ruin your life. In addition to serving a lengthy jail sentence, there are a lot of collateral [collateral may be the right legal word, but seems odd in this case] consequences. The most important being that you make not own a firearm or explosive device. Losing your right to bear arms can be devastating, losing the right to protect yourself. [Run-on sentence] Furthermore, Iif your you're in the military you will be discharged, and Iif your you're a commercial truck driver, you may not be able to find a job as several trucking companies may occasionally haul explosives and thus cannot hire someone with a Domestic Violence Conviction. Other employers may be leery of hiring someone with any type of criminal record. Don’t let a false accusation ruin your career, call experienced Colorado Attorney Alex Berry of the Damascus Road Law Group Today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.