Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Citing from the Days of Wonder website (http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/maps/):

Quote:
The Map Collection is a new series of expansions, each featuring 2 different maps on a double-sided board.

I can see myself opening Vol. 3 – Ticket to Ride Heart of Africa:
– What's this? A map of the Cairo tramway and separate tickets? Where did that come from?

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully, there is a second map, and they just forgot to mention that in promoting the Heart of Africa.

That would make me very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get my hopes up! modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Foerster
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

My wife loves TtR:Europe. She's also from Africa, so I really want to get this map, but feel like it's not a good deal with only one side of a map.

I enjoy playing TtR: Europe as a 2-3 player. I loathe the original because of the lack of stations and especially with more than 3 players. It's just randomized "people punching each other in the face". I could go on if you like, but I want to find out if there is actually another side, so let's keep the thread on track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Foerster
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

My wife loves TtR:Europe. She's also from Africa, so I really want to get this map, but feel like it's not a good deal with only one side of a map.

I enjoy playing TtR: Europe as a 2-3 player. I loathe the original because of the lack of stations and especially with more than 3 players. It's just randomized "people punching each other in the face". I could go on if you like, but I want to find out if there is actually another side, so let's keep the thread on track

Have you liked any of the other map expansions? I'm intrigued by the Asia pack.

But, yes, it does seem odd, or like blatant money-grubbing, if they released this and it WASN'T double-sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

But, yes, it does seem odd, or like blatant money-grubbing, if they released this and it WASN'T double-sided.

I picked up the India/Switzerland map and we enjoy it quite a bit. The other Asia map is really not geared for a lesser amount of players, so I skipped it.

The other maps I am interested in are Nordic Countries (because it's meant to play 2-3 only) and this Africa map. And, I guess the USA map, but I don't really feel like buying all those extra trains and cards for no reason just to get the map. Please note, that we use stations on all of the maps.

I also like maps with the tunnels and ferries because they add just enough extra bits when considering whether to keep drawing or lay track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

I picked up the India/Switzerland map and we enjoy it quite a bit. The other Asia map is really not geared for a lesser amount of players, so I skipped it.

The other maps I am interested in are Nordic Countries (because it's meant to play 2-3 only) and this Africa map. And, I guess the USA map, but I don't really feel like buying all those extra trains and cards for no reason just to get the map. Please note, that we use stations on all of the maps.

I also like maps with the tunnels and ferries because they add just enough extra bits when considering whether to keep drawing or lay track.

Your loss! I happen to think the Asia/Legendary maps the best of the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

Your loss! I happen to think the Asia/Legendary maps the best of the expansions.

For two player games and very rarely a three player game? Pretty sure that side dedicated to teams would be worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The nonteam map is my favorite along with India.

I am sure DoW didn't "forget" to promote a second side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I am sure DoW didn't "forget" to promote a second side.

Unfortunately you're probably correct.
(But it would have been nice...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Days of Wonder website on Tuesday:

Quote:
The Map Collection is a new series of expansions, each featuring 2 different maps on a double-sided board.

Days of Wonder website on Thursday:

Quote:
The Map Collection is a series of expansions featuring new train adventures around the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan c marquez
Mexico
ZAPOPAN
JALISCO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:
andrewfoerster wrote:
eekamouse wrote:

Don't you dislike TtR?

Hi Joel, it is interesting you use stations in all TTR games(also surprised since I thought you were not a fan of TTR games, I bought Airlines Europe because of your review and like it alot even with 2players), I find that I have never played stations in my TTR Europe 2 players games (more than 30 games so far). Blocking is almost impossible for us in such a big map. That is why i love the India map and the Nordic one as the unintentional blocking is more frecuent which makes the games more stressful. (We dont play to ruin the others game but like to have some unintentional blocking in our games)

Doubt DAys of Wonders "forgot" to mention a second map. By the look of Africa the map seems not so great for 2p (I play 95% of games 2p). So I plan to wait a bit to decide to buy the ONE sided map for this reason. Once there are some 2player comments I might buy it, as it is one of my favorite games and for sure my wife´s favorite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Stations are my least favorite TtR mechanism. I LIKE the fact that it's possible you can be blocked at any moment...it makes the decisions in the game that much harder. If you use stations, it loses all tension for me and makes me less interested in what others are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel, Nordic is a great map. You should get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cunkelman
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
Days of Wonder website on Tuesday *(11/13/2012):

Quote:

Days of Wonder website on Thursday *(11/15/2012):

Quote:
The Map Collection is a series of expansions featuring new train adventures around the world.
*(all dates added by me for emphasis)

So, we should boycott this map until DoW prints and sticks another map to the back... seems to be in poor judgement that they would actually edit their site, especially after it appears that they read the comments on this thread!!

Publishers - If you're going to come to BGG to get support, ideas, market product, etc... then HEED our advice and keep to your word!!

Original Post on 11/13/2012:

Fomalhaut wrote:
Citing from the Days of Wonder website (http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/maps/):

Quote:
(BOLD added above by me for emphasis)

Serious Days of Wonder?!?! This was NOT your best marketing move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Map Collection was a series of expansions featuring double-sided boards.

Now it's a series of expansions featuring new adventures.

Good grief, you should be praising them for updating their website to be accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salt-Man Z wrote:

Good grief, you should be praising them for updating their website to be accurate.

Agreed. I prefer double sided maps but the deciding to change their format and updating the website is far from deserving a boycott. In any case I don't want a map of half of Africa so I'm passing on this anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
Salt-Man Z wrote:

Agreed. I prefer double sided maps but the deciding to change their format and updating the website is far from deserving a boycott. In any case I don't want a map of half of Africa so I'm passing on this anyway.

Your loss. You're missing out on the most interesting half (3/4 actually) of Africa!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got it. Only one map. It is nice though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Verbiest
Belgium
Kaprijke
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still I think it wouldn't have cost them a lot of extra effort to think about a second map and print it on the backside really. I can only see that as a loss for every fan, so a loss for DoW. The one map is great though but it's still a missed opportunity. I hope they won't go the Queen Games ripoff route...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
I just got it. Only one map. It is nice though.

A blank map on the rear side? Just what I need for a place to stick London Underground onto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
Right? Blank maps are super useful for custom maps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.