Tristan Raedwulf
Canada
courtenay
B.C
flag msg tools
mb
I have the conversion kit so we have been playing with all the possible monsters and heros. But I was wondering if people find the game more enjoyable just using the bace D2 and all the heros and none of the old monsters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the Conversion Kit (yet), and I could say that it's perfectly enjoyable without it. That said, I think that the options provided by the Conversion Kit can only make things better, for both sides (but especially for the Overlord).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I grabbed the Conversion Kit. I must say I have played many a game without it, and it was great.

But I was very happy to see the arrival of my CK; mostly, I must say, for the wider range of monsters the heroes would be able to face.

Variety is the spice of life.

The extra heroes to choose from are nice too.

I don't own any of the D1 games, so it's proxies all 'round ... but I have a few miniatures lying about, so that's ok
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've been really enjoying dropping the D1 monsters into D2 quests as an open group!

With the dirth of anything but the Conversion kit it's a boon for regular players whom want, as stated above, variety!

And if you own the 1st edition of Descent I would consider it a given to own this for D2.

~F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me as the OL, the CK was a major step forward. In my experience the game is now much more balanced, whereas without the CK we always felt it was tilted in favor of the heroes. But of course, YMMV.

In any event, I think it's a pretty good deal considering you get 48 heroes and 25 monsters for around 25$/20€. Well worth the investment, IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schreiber
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I gotta say, I like the conversion kit stuff. BLOOD APES!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Scissons
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
How would you use the 1e monsters with the 2e quests? Does the quest book mention any options of substituting in 1e monsters? That's the only thing I'm really confused about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShinAli wrote:
How would you use the 1e monsters with the 2e quests? Does the quest book mention any options of substituting in 1e monsters? That's the only thing I'm really confused about.

You can use them for open groups based on the monster traits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toxica
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do not have proxy minatures lying around. This is really helpfull

Monster tokens for Descent Conversion Kit

and

Hero tokens for Descent Conversion Kit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.