Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Olson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like pickup and deliver games, and I've been to Cinque Terre...so I hope this game turns out great!

Cinque Terre is definitely worth a visit if you're in Italy. It's a series of 5 villages that are nestled into the cliffs along the coastline. And the buildings are all bursting with color: it's an amazing sight when you stand down by the water and see the pinks, blues, greens, reds and yellows all staggering up in front of you, with lush green hills behind them!

Plus there's a path that winds along the coast, linking the villages, which makes for a very nice walk

The board artwork that is posted doesn't give much focus to the beautiful villages, but hopefully some of the other artwork will do it justice! Looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fowler
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colson3 wrote:
Cinque Terre is definitely worth a visit if you're in Italy. It's a series of 5 villages that are nestled into the cliffs along the coastline. And the buildings are all bursting with color: it's an amazing sight when you stand down by the water and see the pinks, blues, greens, reds and yellows all staggering up in front of you, with lush green hills behind them!

Plus there's a path that winds along the coast, linking the villages, which makes for a very nice walk

+1 - here's more hoping the game lives up to its namesake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not been, though I've made a deal with my wife (who has been there) that when the game is published, we'll go. It was difficult to capture the beauty and colorful buildings on the board as we were someone constrained by needing an aerial view/map. The Order Cards have some cool looking "brochure window" type illustrations that the design team did. Though, that path that you speak of is in the game, and quite important to the flow and planning of delivery. As far as game play, if "feels" a bit like the tension in Ticket To Ride, with a bit more going on and more things to keep track of. It's been in the works at Rio for almost 5 years(!!!) so we're excited to finally see it coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrisHandy wrote:
I've not been, though I've made a deal with my wife (who has been there) that when the game is published, we'll go.

Thanks for sharing more about the game, I can't wait to try it!
And yes, once the game comes out you definitely owe it to yourself to visit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just loved our visit there, made Vernazza our home base, and walked to the other villages.

Right now this is a must buy on theme alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChrisHandy wrote:
I've not been, though I've made a deal with my wife (who has been there) that when the game is published, we'll go.

Congrats on being published! So when's the holiday? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Guy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
RL CT is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! People at my game FLGS are getting a bit tired of hearing about it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.