Subject: Second game, I think something went wrong rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished my second game, and the first game where I was teaching other players.

One of the other players Tzeentch won by miles. There was three more Old World cards left and he'd won by getting his dial round to victory. Other players were still on about 20-30 VPs

It's only with hindsight I noticed he was chucking 3-4 DAC tokens on his dial each round, even on the first few turns, and thinking back that seems way too much. I should have caught it at the time, but you know it's a busy game with lots going on.

Sounds like he was doing it wrong? Or sour grapes from me coz I lost (I was Khorne and barely got to 13 VPs)
How common is it to get 3 or 4 DAC in a single turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
possible rules pitfalls checklist:

* Are you limiting each DAC tally to once per region per phase? (i.e. Tzeentch cannot score two DAC in Bretonnia during the Corruption phase on the same turn)

* Are you making sure Tzeentch is dropping TWO+ corruption in an area that has TWO+ in any combination of magic symbols and Warpstones in order to be eligible for a DAC?

* Are you only advancing the dial a maximum of two times each DAC-counting phase? (once for all players who scored at least one DAC, and twice for a singular player who has the most DAC)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the first point of those three is where we (well Tzeentch and Slaanesh) were doing it wrong.

The second point seemed a non issue, there were loads of warpstone tokens doing the rounds, making life easy for Tzeentch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin (Hairy) Hatfield
United Kingdom
Little Kingshill
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that with more cultists available, particularly to Tzeentch, they can score in more regions per phase than Khorne.

Playing as Slaanesh in the game you mention Ben, I am positive I only scored one DAC per region per phase.
I can't comment on Tzeentch accumulation of DACs. I think we needed to be more accountable to each other at that point though, taking it in turn clearly as we placed corruption tokens and DACs. Each of us taking responsibility for our own counters sped things up but obscured that part of the scoring.

I think it's justifiable for you to have felt ganged up on. You were the only opponent who ever came near the territories I was holding, and as everybody could see how nasty your Demons were they were quick to counter your aggressive moves. Also, going first in the turn order meant everyone was able to counter you, rather than having you spring surprises on them.

Be good to know if we did mess anything up that went unchecked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell gowlett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Ben, Kweku's 3 reasons are the most likely explanation for this.

Also, don't worry that you only got 13 VPs, Khorne does not win by VPs (in the base game), unless you are an experienced player and want to try mix things up a bit.
Khorne should target only a dial victory, and remember, as Khorne, you want to stop other regions from being ruined, so always target other players cultists, to stop them placing corruption, and stop them getting DACs.
Also, it sounds from your description that you were targeting mainly Nurgle and Slaanesh - you have to spread your killing spree among all players - if you leave one player alone, he will win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fearoffours - cheers I wasn't accusing anyone of cheating! I realise I didn't explain the "one DAC per region" thing until later. I'm pretty sure something went awry on an early turn where Tzeentch swamped just a single region, yet acquired about 3 DACs

Your right, the placing of corruption tokens and DAC placement was a bit fast we should have stepped through it slower the first couple of turns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin (Hairy) Hatfield
United Kingdom
Little Kingshill
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers - I didn't feel slandered or accused, you worded your post sensitively .

Looking forward to gaming with you again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
to clarify, are we saying that each turn, every player will only have 1 or 2 dial turns per turn?

one turn for if you have at least one condition fulfilled (something each player can get), and then one more turn for whichever ONE player has the most tokens on his dial?

We hadn't played in a while, but last night we played that you turn the dial for every token you have on your dial...which is why Slaanesh walked away with the victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asgelb wrote:
to clarify, are we saying that each turn, every player will only have 1 or 2 dial turns per turn?

one turn for if you have at least one condition fulfilled (something each player can get), and then one more turn for whichever ONE player has the most tokens on his dial?

We hadn't played in a while, but last night we played that you turn the dial for every token you have on your dial...which is why Slaanesh walked away with the victory!

Yes you get 1 dial click if you have at least 1 DAC. You get a 2nd advancement if you have the most DAC's.

In our games I've never seen Tzeentch get more than 3 DAC's in a turn and he rarely gets more than 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
asgelb wrote:

Yes you get 1 dial click if you have at least 1 DAC. You get a 2nd advancement if you have the most DAC's.

And if you're tied for #1 then no one gets the 2nd tick.

Which is why it can sometimes be a good move to deliberately summon a Cultist right on top of Khorne's horde of figures if that would make him tie with another player since that would prevent the other player from getting the 2nd tick while gaining Khorne nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.