United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's alot of push in moving video game versions of board games, like the iOS version of San Juan, or its And version (Condato). Dominion by Goko got the same treatment. I would've prefered them to have a digital subforum for each game, as my love for board games is one thing that drives me to these digital versions. Plus, if I have rules questions about the iOS version of Caylus, I'm still going to post rules questions about it on BGG's entry of that game b/c they both follow the same rules. It seems like this is something we'll have to revisit later, if at all, so that's truly another matter at this point.

However, when users post blogs about the same material (Dominion by Goko, San Juan for iOS, Eclipse for iOS), they're still on BGG. Everyone's a hypocrite on BGG (some more than others), but this truly is inconsistent. Some of the BGG admins claimed they don't care about getting more traffic to VGG, then why even bother moving digital versions of board games there? If it's to appease those who have issues here on BGG, then you should also be moving iOS blogs (Android blogs by extension) to VGG as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no great push to move threads to VGG. If a thread, however, is about a VGG record it is likely to get moved to the VGG database's relevant record if it is flagged as 'wrong forum' on BGG.

Threads about digital games belong on VGG; threads about physical games belong on BGG; threads about Dragons RPGG.

There is no rule that I know of that mandates what blogs are about. This said Blogs about board gaming are more likely to be warmly followed on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.