Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Backstory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game a couple of weeks ago and I´m enjoying it a lot, but it seems to have a heavy backstory and I can´t find it. From the kickstarter updates and some other places, it seems to me that the game has some kind of story going on (with the freedom 5 becoming freedom 6 without legacy, etc) but in the official page I only found characters, villans and enviroment descriptions. There is a place where I can find all that background story cronologically or it´s just bits and pieces here and there with no real narrative backstory going on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly just been released as bits and blurbs. There's been one issue of a comic released as a Kickstarter bonus, but other than that it only exists in the summaries and flavor text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s a pitty, they should recopilate it, to write some story to fill the gaps, and put it somewhere on their web.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of my enjoyment of this game is how the story is slowly leaking out in the flavour text on the cards and the hints they post on their forums, I would not want to know it all right now.

However, they have just started to release the comic that the kickstarter backers have already seen, first two pages went up about an hour ago!
http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/comic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was already released. I won't ruin anything but its a good story nothing ground breaking but good enough.

-LMK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind seeing more story stuff. The comic was fun. What I think is really cool is that they've got a pretty coherent world put together. I think it really says a lot that we have people thinking that there was like volumes and volumes of stuff to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
I don't mind seeing more story stuff. The comic was fun. What I think is really cool is that they've got a pretty coherent world put together. I think it really says a lot that we have people thinking that there was like volumes and volumes of stuff to read.

I think it is better to have the backstory told as it is now - flavour text, character bios, the occasional comic issue. It leaves more room for imagination and exploration. It will be great if the card art and flavour text would match on every card.

What would be awesome would be a timeline of when each comic issue was published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjami Pitarch
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m ok with the sparse info of the sentinels universe as a whole, I just thought that each expansion had some kind of mini story justifiying the new villains, new enviroments and new hero verions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
ketigid wrote:
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:

I think it is better to have the backstory told as it is now - flavour text, character bios, the occasional comic issue. It leaves more room for imagination and exploration. It will be great if the card art and flavour text would match on every card.

What would be awesome would be a timeline of when each comic issue was published.

Something like this: http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/forum/topic/mapping-sent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketigid ketigid
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. It will be even more awesome if it is 'official'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.