Dave Kohr
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(*Chris F*, *Ed B*, Dave O, Matt L):
Chris F: "Played it more or less correctly this time (with some help from Ed B, thank you :). Still need a reference card, though. I promise I'll put one together tonight :)

It definately played much better with the correct rules. It's a bit smaller and shorter than I originally expected, and as a result a bit more calculational. You want to offer up your spare people for marriages, but you have to be careful not to help anyone out too much. The first player to build 3 huts ends the game, which can happen quite rapidly if you aren't careful. Since it's short-ish (our games played in about half an hour), misplays can be fairly punishing.

I do like this game, and the fact that it's shorter than I was thinking it would be is actually a good thing I think (although it might be interesting to play with some of the pieces from a second set to give the game a somewhat broader sweep). I think it's better than a number of the games that made the Spiel des Jahre list, although that's not necessarily saying a lot :) (I like it better than Torres, to be honest). Still, it is pretty abstract, and I dunno how much actual play it will get."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.