PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On sale right now for Xbox Arcade are:

Carcassonne
Catan
Magic 2012
Magic: The Gathering

all at only 400 points ($5) rather than the usual 800 ($10). Deals usually run until the following Tuesday.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
Send me a trade offer!
badge
I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone played any of these? feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Carcassonne is fun. Played it on my brother's xbox, plays well. Not much to it.

Owned Magic: the Gathering, there's little to no customization of decks. You get to replace a very small limited number of cards. Do not know if that changed in 2012 version.

Own Catan, it's not bad, but I've only played online (until I got sick of paying for gold to play online when the ps3 and pc does it for free). Since that's the only mode I played, I do not remember if there is a offline mode. I don't have access to my xbox to let you know. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Ebert
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both Puzzlequests are great too. Just sayin. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
pcktlnt wrote:
Carcassonne is fun. Played it on my brother's xbox, plays well. Not much to it.

Owned Magic: the Gathering, there's little to no customization of decks. You get to replace a very small limited number of cards. Do not know if that changed in 2012 version.

Own Catan, it's not bad, but I've only played online (until I got sick of paying for gold to play online when the ps3 and pc does it for free). Since that's the only mode I played, I do not remember if there is a offline mode. I don't have access to my xbox to let you know. Sorry.

As far as I can remember, Catan is vs. AI or online only. No local mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcassonne is definitely worth the bucks. It's a lovely, well designed game. Still has some online life too. Has river expansion too. If you had to get one, this is it.

Catan has terrible visuals, but in its defense, I think it's been around on the 360 for quite some time. It's good but not amazing...I'd pass unless you really love catan.

Magic is pretty good but as stated, minimal customization. The game scratches my desire to play magic (been out of the game for 5 years) but that is all. Gets repetitive fast even with the add ons.

Magic 2012 --no comment, haven't tried it...looks the same, more cards, moredecks, limited customization...not sure though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daley
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Carcassonne. It's not spectacular, but it's decent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Moquin
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh. . . I think there is some misinformation posted here. . .

The xbox360 Catan doesn't cost anything to play online - and in fact, is one of the better online "euro" games out there- you can start with 4 online players, and as they quit, are replaced with AI that is simply some of the cleverest ever developed (By Klaus Teuber himself helped by Brian Reynolds of Civ/Alpha Centari/Rise of Nations fame)

I don't play it much anymore, but it is excellent, and for 400 points, a bargain. . . .just to teach others how to play the game . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
MACUNGIE
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the statement about paying was just that one has to have a gold Xbox Live membership to be able to play multiplayer across the network, and not that Catan itself charges you to play. Compared to PS3/PC where the networks are free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
United States
California
flag msg tools
Right, I would have to pay for xbox gold to play online. Hence my comment about paying to play online. But I understand how that would be confused with paying to play online in the game versus paying microsoft to play online on their console.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.