Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Delstanches
United States
Sebastian
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a couple of questions about the determination of VP from casualties from playing scenario 19 with most of the rules.

The playbook says to count eliminated/knocked up and brewed up units towards casualty VP using their adjusted VP value (as shown under the unit on the scenario setup page). 2 questions:

1) no mention of bailed out vehicles. Does that mean I have to keep shooting those and get at least a KO result on the abandoned vehicle in order to get any VP from it?

2) when using the basic/advanced rules (not the OR morale rules), does one still need to record which units are CHQ in order to track their status as their point value is higher than non-HQ units? Especially when off board arty is not involved, the game advantage of an HQ unit is nil compared to non-HQ units. The penalty for losing those seems then disproportionate to their actual value on the battlefield. I understand the unit being intrinsically more valuable in "historical" terms though.

Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
jet-turkey wrote:
I had a couple of questions about the determination of VP from casualties from playing scenario 19 with most of the rules.

The playbook says to count eliminated/knocked up and brewed up units towards casualty VP using their adjusted VP value (as shown under the unit on the scenario setup page). 2 questions:

1) no mention of bailed out vehicles. Does that mean I have to keep shooting those and get at least a KO result on the abandoned vehicle in order to get any VP from it?

Here's the designer's reply to a similar question at Consimworld:

Q: Rule 5.15 regarding No Damage bailouts says "even though the vehicle was not eliminated..." in the case of a ND bailout; the scenario victory conditions specifies VP's for units eliminated, knocked out, brewed up. To obtain the vp's for the abandoned T34 must the German player continue to bang away at the abandoned tank until it is destroyed?

A: Correct. That was a very common practice for two reasons. The first, is that you didn't want the opposing force to recover damaged/abandoned units to return them to action, and the second, is that you often didn't know what units were abandoned.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.ee6dc88/1600

jet-turkey wrote:
2) when using the basic/advanced rules (not the OR morale rules), does one still need to record which units are CHQ in order to track their status as their point value is higher than non-HQ units? Especially when off board arty is not involved, the game advantage of an HQ unit is nil compared to non-HQ units. The penalty for losing those seems then disproportionate to their actual value on the battlefield. I understand the unit being intrinsically more valuable in "historical" terms though.

Any ideas?

In scenarios 1 and 2 I've simply forgotten to mark the CHQ unit, treating all the tanks of the same type the same point value
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Delstanches
United States
Sebastian
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll apply those guidelines myself until further notice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jet-turkey wrote:

Any ideas?

The victory conditions for each scenario are calculated based on the listed VPs for each unit, so it may make it just a little more difficult to reach the victory point margin. In any event, it's up to you as to whether or not you want to apply the "historical" aspects or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.