Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chapter 9:
There we were, swarmed by roaches on all sides in the Dining Hall tunnels, Collin, Lilly and (the currently allied) Vurst. Our rat ally loads up his pistols with black-powder and gravel and starts blasting away...a Cheese/Cheese/Cheese! A quick check of the rules to find what applies to Vurst as an ally, and it seems he CAN earn the Cheese Master achievement. So, we moved the Chapter end up 1 page and gave him his award! As long as he stayed an ally we figured Collin and Lilly would earn an extra cheese for any defensive cheese Vurst rolled, but nothing while he was allied with the minions...Made sense and was an interesting twist to our game. Unfortunately, Vurst changed sides as we entered Vanestra's room and blasted both of us...pretty cheesy huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Vurst
doesn't change sides in the last room. As for being cheesemaster, I like how you played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably should spoiler tag that bad boy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an additional chapter now on Plaid Hat's website that you can download for $0.99

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...doesn't change sides in the last room.

Interesting enough. Interesting thing about this 'no spoiler' thing is that if you are playing through these chapters trying not to 'spoil' it for yourself as you go, it is easy to miss some of these little conditional rules. I was under the misunderstanding (of my own doing, for sure!) that story moment 3 was related in some way to special surge rule 6.
Currently I am under the impression, though the rules do not state it exactly, that on this tile we can leave before all the minions are killed using special rule 5.
Quote:
As for being cheesemaster, I like how you played it.

Me too! And why not? If Capt. V acts like a mouse then sure, it is reasonable. In the same idea, when he becomes captured, we move the page up 1 and have to rescue him, just like anyone else.
Quote:
There's an additional chapter now on Plaid Hat's website that you can download for $0.99

Really? They paying you to spam this site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.