Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if the answer to this question exists elsewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

If Invader draws an Invasion! card during his own destiny draw does it count against his two-encounter limit for the turn, or is it a special encounter that is resolved outside of that limit (i.e. could Invader potentially have four encounters during his turn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion cards only give extra encounters to Invader when they are drawn by another player. When Invader draws ones, he can discard his hand and draw a new one without ending his turn, but only once per encounter. He does not lose or gain encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jack. So, in effect, on the Invader's turn the Invasion! card works like a wild card, allowing him to attack a player of his choosing, but not adding extra encounters to his turn. Do I have that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
on the Invader's turn the Invasion! card works like a wild card, allowing him to attack a player of his choosing, but not adding extra encounters to his turn. Do I have that correct?

Yes. It says on the sheet, "These destiny cards allow you to have an extra encounter when drawn during another player’s turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill Martinson wrote:
Yes. It says on the sheet, "These destiny cards allow you to have an extra encounter when drawn during another player’s turn."

Aha. Missed that. Thanks for the clarification, Bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.