Hide
7 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Battle Skill rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Campbell
msg tools
On the Beastmaster, for example, there is "Battle Skill": Beastmaster has the Melee +1 trait.

Does this apply to his basic melee attack as well? So he would always roll 4 dice instead of 3 listed on the basic melee attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure does.

Every melee attack gets a +1, whether he has a weapon or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Campbell
msg tools
Gotcha, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It only effects the first attack he makes each round.

Any melee +1 type of bonus only happens once a round. That is why his card doesnt have a 4 base attack. If you ever gave him a double strike ability for example,he would attack for 4, then 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wowsers. Missed that. I am going to have to re-read to find that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's true that additive damage effects only occur on the first attack, the only current way to give a mage a second attack is Battle Fury. Since Battle Fury is a separate action, no reduction takes place. If there WERE a card that granted Double/Triplestrike then it would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
While it's true that additive damage effects only occur on the first attack, the only current way to give a mage a second attack is Battle Fury. Since Battle Fury is a separate action, no reduction takes place. If there WERE a card that granted Double/Triplestrike then it would.

Exactly. Battle Fury allows you to roll all dice again including all bonuses. When you make multiple strikes in the same attack (such as Doublestrike or Triplestrike) then any bonuses only apply to the first attack.

Same goes for ranged attacks. +1 to Lightning attacks (like from the lightning ring) only adds to the first shot of a Chain Lightning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.